A packed show with over thirty games featured.
That’s a wrap! Today’s PlayStation Showcase delivered tantalizing first looks at all-new games in development and updates on upcoming titles by PlayStation Studios and our third party friends. With the show running over an hour and over thirty titles being revealed, there was a lot to absorb. If you want to relive the Showcase, you can rewatch it below.
If you want to know more about some of the games shown today, read on. Alongside recaps of individual reveals, there’s additional info plus exclusive screenshots from the creators behind the games in a selection of PlayStation Blog articles. All are linked below.
PlayStation Showcase: PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
Take a sneak peek at new accessories revealed at today’s Showcase — the Project Q device for playing games installed on your PS5 and streamed over WiFi, plus our first official wireless earbuds offering lossless audio on PS5 and PC. More details to come in the months ahead.
We also announced Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater, which is coming to PS5. Check out the first trailer below:
Bungie officially announced its first completely new project in more than a decade: Marathon, a sci-fi PvP extraction shooter. The studio behind Halo and Destiny debuted the very first CGI teaser trailer for the game, featuring a look at the player characters – cybernetic mercenaries known as Runners. Take a look:
Staying with Bungie, the studio showed off the first glimpse of its next expansion, Destiny 2: The Final Shape, which will serve as the epic conclusion of the decade-long Light and Darkness Saga. A brief teaser trailer was shown, culminating in a surprise cameo from popular character Cayde-6, the Hunter Vanguard who met his match during the events of Destiny 2: Forsaken in 2018. Cayde will be played by actor Nathan Fillion, who Bungie announced is reprising the role. Destiny fans will have their next chance to learn more about The Final Shape expansion during the upcoming Destiny 2 Showcase, a livestreamed event which will be broadcast on August 22 on Bungie channels.
Street Fighter 6 is just over a week away. To celebrate, Capcom shared a new World Tour-focused trailer:
Alongside these new trailer debuts, we had big news from other developers:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Fairgame$, a competitive heist experience coming to PS5 and PC
- Helldivers 2 drops on PlayStation 5 later this year
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- New Immortals of Aveum trailer highlights enemies of the realm
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
PlayStation Showcase: PS VR2 announcements
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
PlayStation Showcase: Indies announcements
- Take your first look at Ghostrunner 2, coming to PS5 this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024