Experience the ultimate immersion with the free DLC for the PS5 version of Resident Evil 4, with PlayStation VR2
Hello PlayStation! I’m Edvin Edsö, promotion producer for Resident Evil. Today, we released the first trailer for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode. If you haven’t seen it yet, please check it out below.
Resident Evil 4 VR Mode is a free DLC for the PlayStation 5 version of the game. Take on Leon’s grueling mission as the full main story will be playable with PlayStation VR2.
Because the game takes place in VR, the perspective changes from third person to a fully immersive first-person view. From Leon’s point of view, you can really take in the details and atmosphere of the environment.
VR gameplay allows you to enter the world of Resident Evil 4 with the ultimate immersion experience. One of the themes of the RE4 was to delve deeper into the intentions of the original game, so the scares and intensity are more pronounced, but when played in VR you can enjoy even more intense and unsettling situations. In the earliest village stage shown in the trailer, which fans will recognize from the original game, you can feel the sinister intent of the Ganados and the gripping tension of a last-ditch, life-or-death attack.
Don’t forget the iconic knife, which you’ll be able to swing more freely in VR.
In addition to the knife, you will be able to wield Leon’s powerful and varied arsenal with an immersive and authentic feel. With all of these VR-adapted action elements, Resident Evil 4 VR Mode for PlayStation VR2 has truly evolved into a more realistic experience.
Resident Evil 4 VR Mode is currently in development, so please stay tuned for more information on the release date and other details.
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid