The mewest installment in the Cat Quest Series sets sail in a pirate-themed adventure.
Avast Ye Scallywags! I’m Desmond, designer and artist at The Gentlebros and today we’re unveiling the very latest entry into the Cat Quest series – Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean! anchoring on PS5 and PS4 next year.
The whole crew has been busy putting their efforts into taking Cat Quest to the next level, adding ship sailing, an evolved combat system, and a new freely explorable world and story in this latest instalment.
Why pirates you ask? Because pirates are professional explorers, and we really wanted this world to be fully explorable, on land or sea, so we’ve given you all the best pirate-worthy tools to tackle quests in any order you wish, with the story adapting to your actions! We thought we could really take advantage of the varied environments and create lush biomes from the different forms of land in the archipelago that is the Purribean. We also thought it would be super cute seeing pirate forms of cats, rats (they are cute), and other critters! Like in Cat Quest II, you can adventure solo or with a friend in local co-op.
A huge part of this Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean is being able to sail the seas to wherever you want in your own pirate ship. We’ve made the ship super responsive and purrfect to control – it can fire cannonballs, do a quick boost and even shoot special elemental shells against enemies! We designed the whole game with the ship in mind, and transitioning from a ship at sea to a cat on land is completely seamless, just sail towards any shore.
We’ve also added several improvements to make the combat feel extra tight and juicy, including the new weapon swapping mechanic so you can switch weapons on the fly and create claw-some combos with them. Also, because the ship-to-land transition is so snappy you can even start a combo on an enemy on land from your ship’s cannon, then dock and finish the combo with your weapons on land! You may have also noticed a new gun type weapon in the reveal trailer – that would be the blunderpuss. This is just one of many new additions to the weapons, spells and costumes for you to get your paws on, and we can’t wait to show you more of what awaits you in the Purribean.
We’re super happy that we could feature in the show and debut you our catventure to the world.
Prepare to be whiskered away as Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean docks on PS5 & PS4 in 2024.
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
- Helldivers 2 drops on PlayStation 5 later this year
- New Immortals of Aveum trailer highlights enemies of the realm
- Introducing Fairgame$, a competitive heist experience coming to PS5 and PC
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid