Your latest look at the next entry in the mainline Final Fantasy series, launching June 22.
Final Fantasy XVI is the all-new mainline entry in the Final Fantasy series, releasing on Thursday June 22.
The launch trailer for Final Fantasy XVI, “Salvation,” was revealed today as part of the PlayStation Showcase.
With only around a month left until release, this outstanding trailer comes as we eagerly await the game!
The story of Final Fantasy XVI takes place in Valisthea, a land studded with Mothercrystals—glittering mountains of crystal that tower over the realms around them, blessing them with aether. People use the aether from the Mothercrystals to fuel the magicks they rely upon in their everyday lives, hailing Valisthea as “a land blessed in the light of the Mothercrystals.” Yet now the aether begins to fade and the lifeless deadlands spread ever further. Such desperate conditions drive the nations towards conflict and strife.
In the launch trailer, we see the harsh circumstances faced by the Bearers, those born with the ability to cast magicks at will. And we see the truth that lies behind the Mothercrystals, long supposed to have bestowed blessings upon humanity…
The trailer offers a glimpse of the first steps Clive Rosfield, the protagonist of the game, takes along a path that will see him take up his sword to resist his cruel fate. We also see the turmoil faced and the resolve shown by the Dominants, individuals blessed with the ability to call upon the dread power of the Eikons.
As Clive and the Dominants follow what they each consider to be just, how will their ideals clash? What fate lies in store for the land of Valisthea? The curtain is about to rise on their story: we hope you’ll look forward to this tale of those who believe that the legacy of the crystals has shaped mankind’s destiny for long enough.
Finally, the trailer includes a wealth of never-before seen information, including ferocious foes and new locations – so please keep your eyes peeled.
We hope that you’ll enjoy the launch trailer as you look forward to the release of Final Fantasy XVI on June 22.
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
- Helldivers 2 drops on PlayStation 5 later this year
- New Immortals of Aveum trailer highlights enemies of the realm
- Introducing Fairgame$, a competitive heist experience coming to PS5 and PC
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid