The co-op action-RPG comes to PS5 and PS4 this winter.
During today’s PlayStation Showcase we had an opportunity to bring our community up to speed on Cygames’ upcoming title, Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Finally, the day when fans around the world will be able to play the full game on PS5 and PS4 is coming in winter 2023.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink takes place in the Sky Realm, where myriad islands float in a great blue expanse. The protagonist, joined by a scrappy little dragon named Vyrn and a young girl with mysterious powers named Lyria, sails for Estalucia, a fabled island beyond the end of the skies. Along the way, they meet a colorful cast of characters, adding kings and misfits alike to their ragtag crew.
The events of Relink take place in Zegagrande Skydom. In this corner of the world, islands are guarded by powerful creatures known as primal beasts and winds carry tales of a secretive organization known as the Church of Avia. Through their adventures, the protagonists unveil a web of intrigue reaching far beyond the borders of Zegagrande and engage in a battle for the fate of the Sky Realm itself.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is an action-RPG where some of the most thrilling combat unfolds during co-op mode, during which up to four players engage in quests and battles together. The game’s newest trailer showcases just one way in which characters with different skills and weapons can synergize. In Relink, every enemy and party formation has its own strengths and weaknesses—the key to victory lies in working out how these pieces fit together.
However, that doesn’t mean players will be charging the battlefield alone outside of co-op. In single player mode, the CPU controls the other three members of a party, providing vital support.
The heart of Granblue Fantasy lies in its characters. Currently, we’ve announced sixteen fighters slated for the Relink roster, each with their own play style and intuitive controls. From a combo-based dual blader to a long-distance gunslinger to a broadsword wielder whose heavy strokes must be timed out perfectly, Relink has something for everyone. Find a character that appeals to you and slash—or shoot or hex—your way to victory.
Below are the roster additions introduced in the newest trailer.
Zeta’s fiery personality is matched only by her combat style. Nimble and dynamic, she dances around her foes, devastating them with the magical spear Arvess.
Vaseraga’s massive bulk makes him near impervious to damage. He charges the battlefield like a bull, mowing down foes with Great Scythe Grynoth.
Many fans may already be familiar with these two, as they’re both playable in the fighting game Granblue Fantasy: Versus on PlayStation 4. There are still more characters and game features coming down the pipeline, so keep your eyes peeled.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink for PS5 and PS4 is scheduled for a worldwide release winter 2023. Stay tuned for more updates this summer.
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid
Join the ConversationAdd a Comment
But don't be a jerk!
Loading More Comments