Basim’s new Pole Vault ability adds new options to parkour gameplay.
Hey everyone! The Assassin’s Creed team is thrilled to let you know that Assassin’s Creed Mirage will be released October 12, 2023, and that pre-orders are available now. For the 15th anniversary of the brand, we felt it was the perfect opportunity to make a game going back to our roots, in terms of gameplay, visuals and stories – making our players feel nostalgic and excited to experience a new adventure as Basim, while immersing them in the vibrant Golden Age of Baghdad. Check out the new gameplay trailer.
In this gameplay trailer, you will continue to follow the journey of Basim, one of the most versatile and resourceful Assassins in franchise history. Some new features that can be seen in the gameplay trailer are the Assassin’s Focus, which allows Basim to mark and assassinate several targets in a row. You also will get classic Assassin tools such as throwing knives and smoke bombs. We also have a brand-new parkour ingredient, the Pole Vault. You can see Basim’s singular playstyle in action and the exciting Assassin playground that the city of Baghdad provides to our hero. Staying true to his Hidden Ones training, Basim generally favors quiet movements and a discreet approach to hunt and strike his targets. As part of its Blackbox missions, the game provides various opportunities for Basim to leverage and help him make his way to his targets: which flavor will you choose?
We also wanted you to meet a new member of our inspiring cast of characters, Fuladh. Fuladh is a Rafiq and Eagle-Master to the Hidden Ones. Along with Master Roshan, whose voice guides Basim throughout this trailer, he is another important character in Basim’s journey to becoming a Hidden One. Calm, respectful and direct, Fuladh’s wisdom occasionally intimidates the novices but hides a good sense of humor.
Throughout the trailer you can see a modern take on the iconic features and gameplay elements that have defined the Assassin’s Creed franchise for over 15 years. Many elements from past games are making a return: We have the corner swing, the ability to vault over objects and “elevators” to quickly reach high ground. Can you find all the references to the game that started it all?
Finally, the trailer music provides another taste of the musical tone to expect from Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Brendan Angelides brings more of his unique and modern touch–a delicate balance between authenticity and boldness to honor 9th-century Baghdad.
Pre-order available now – get a bonus quest: The Forty Thieves!
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid