Watch the new trailer and meet a host of weird and wonderful characters as you embark on this page-turning adventure.
In The Plucky Squire, our hero realizes that they are now the main character in a storybook. They must deal with this mind-blowing revelation while also grappling with a rather nasty villain who wishes to take control of their book. More on him later. The storybook land in which our cast of characters reside is called Mojo – a realm of creativity.
Here are some of the friends and foes you’ll meet there.
The Plucky Squire himself, Jot is a brave adventurer and the champion of the land. He is also a writer, and details his escapades in a series of novels that are bestsellers among the people of Mojo. Jot is dashing, nimble, brave of heart, and can K.O angry honey badgers with a single punch.
Jot’s childhood friend Violet is a trainee witch who’s also an artist, full of creative energy and passion. She may be a bit messy with her paints and potions, but she’s good-hearted, determined, and has a fantastic eye for colour and composition. She’s a city girl who hails from Mojo’s capital; Artia.
An easy-going mountain Troll and a wicked metal drummer. Thrash left his tribal land many years ago, descending from his mountain to roam the land of Mojo and take in its beautiful sights. He’s a mellow dude but has a strong set of principles that he will unwaveringly stand up for. Thrash is also Jot’s childhood friend, and, along with Violet, the three form a tight-knit trio.
A wise sorcerer who also likes to DJ in his spare time. Eccentric, curious, and formidable, Moonbeard is a one-of-a-kind wizard with magical energy buzzing from the tip of his hat all the way down to the soles of his stylish flip-flops. Moonbeard guides our young heroes on how to live up to their potential and one day become warriors of Mojo. He is also one of the few people in Mojo who knows the secret of its reality and has his watchful eye on anything that might threaten its pages.
A little mouse with a big heart and a can-do attitude, Pip is Moonbeard’s buddy and helper. You will not find a braver rodent in all of Mojo.
A horribly bad-tempered sorcerer intent on turning everything in the land of Mojo upside down. He despises the Plucky Squire for all the praise and attention he gets, and wants nothing more than to kick Jot out of the book so that he can become its main character – rewriting its story to be about the most interesting subject of all – him, him, him!
Off The Page
In order to thwart Humgrump’s dastardly plans, our heroes must adventure across the land of Mojo, to its very borders, and even…beyond. Jot leaves the book’s pages and finds himself in a strange new world – a desk full of oversized paint pots and toys.
He must explore this new realm to find items that might help him in the battle against the nefarious Humgrump. During his excursions on this desk, Jot will fight huge beetles, jump inside illustrations, and even jetpack through the air.
The Plucky Squire will gain new abilities from his time in this unfamiliar realm, but Humgrump also has a few tricks up his wizard’s sleeve. Jot and his friends will need to summon all their might and plucky spirit if they are to keep Humgrump from tearing the very pages of their world apart.
You may not be a character in a storybook, but you can become one in The Plucky Squire – and write your own tale of adventure on PlayStation 5 this year.
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid