Immerse yourself in the Amazonian rainforest and fight for survival.
Hello, PlayStation fans! With great pleasure, we want to invite you to take a deep dive into the Green Hell VR world. Make sure to check out the first look at the PS VR2 version of our game in the trailer below.
Become Jake Higgins, a famous anthropologist who finds himself lost in the Amazon jungle. Surrounded by various dangers and equipped only with his watch, backpack and handy survival guide, he must endure and make it back to civilization.
Take on the thrilling challenge and see how long you can last in the green hell of the rainforest. Craft various tools and weapons to fight back against predators, chop down trees, heal yourself or catch fish in the treacherous river. Build a shelter, grab a bow and get ready to survive – we wish you the best of luck, you’ll certainly need it!
PlayStation VR2 allows us to bring Green Hell VR to a new audience without making any sacrifices. Thanks to the amazing technology behind the Sense controller, you can feel every impactful action. Haptic feedback makes something as simple as pulling a bow string an immersive experience.
PS VR2 also offers headset feedback so you can feel everything more intensely, whether it be hand-to-hand combat, bug bites or our brave protagonist’s heartbeat. Combined with the feedback from PS VR2 Sense controller, the level of immersion is far, far deeper than even the most dangerous parts of the Amazon River.
Sound is another crucial factor in increasing player engagement in any virtual world. In the case of PS5 and PlayStation VR2, 3D Audio makes you feel more present in the rainforest, so you can not only see but also hear the nature around you – insects, rain… or the wildlife trying to hunt you down. Using the combined capabilities of PS VR2 and Wwise, we strive for the most precise and faithful representation of sounds of the jungle. We aim to achieve a unique sense of immersion and spatiality.
The visuals also help to immerse you in the game, especially when it’s a VR title. Green Hell VR offers high-quality graphics, believable environments and characters – all without sacrificing performance. It’s important that everything runs smoothly, and PS VR2 guarantees a stable frame rate.
Green Hell VR also features reworked lighting, high-res textures and realistic shadows – all that in native PS VR2 resolution – among other graphical enhancements, to add depth to the image. It’s a unique visual experience, and we’re excited to bring it to PlayStation fans around the world.
Our game is set in the Amazon rainforest, which is exciting in itself. The jungle can be beautiful, interesting and, of course, dangerous. It’s the perfect place to fight for survival and explore the lush, green world.
The appearance of such an exotic place can vary depending on several aspects, such as the time of day or the changing weather. However, there are some distinguishing elements of the jungle aesthetic that can be identified, such as dense foliage. The environment has an air of mysticism and danger and has the ability to evoke a variety of feelings in those who visit it. The fact that it’s home to such a wide variety of plant and animal species not only adds to the visual appeal, but also makes it incredibly intriguing to many people.
In Green Hell VR, you can explore the harsh rainforest from the comfort of your own room. With PS VR2, you can really see how it feels to wade through the lush vegetation and make the jungle your home, if only temporarily. It is an immersive and sometimes quite scary experience, so be prepared!
Book your trip to the Green Hell VR jungle in 2023 by adding us to your PlayStation Store wishlist.
Stay tuned, as we will be back with more juicy news!
State of Play: All Announcements
- Atmospheric sci-fi western roguelike The Foglands launches on PS VR2 this year
- Dive into the jungle with Green Hell VR on PlayStation VR2, out 2023
- Synapse brings dual-wielding VR action exclusively to PS VR2 this year
- Destiny 2: Lightfall launch trailer and new quality-of-life features revealed, out Feb 28
- Humanity: intriguing puzzler gets new gameplay details and demo release today as part of State of Play
- Journey to Foundation brings Asimov’s epic sci-fi series to life on PS VR2
- Tchia sets sail on PS4 and PS5 on March 21 as part of PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium
- A closer look at PS VR2 narrative adventure Before Your Eyes ahead of its March 10 launch
- Street Fighter 6 rounds out its launch roster with Cammy, Lily and Zangief
- Goodbye Volcano High launches this June on PS5 and PS4
- Baldur’s Gate 3 launches on PS5 August 31
- Naruto X Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections launches 2023 on PS4 and PS5
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League debuts 4-player co-op gameplay and more at State of Play
- Wayfinder: PS4 and PS5 players get exclusive Early Access to the character-based online RPG in May
- Resident Evil 4 trailer debuts new action gameplay, announces Mercenaries mode, demo
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments