Relive a lifetime of first love, heartbreaking truth and more.
Hey everyone, I’m Graham Parkes, the writer and one of three directors behind Before Your Eyes— a first person narrative adventure which tells the story of a soul’s journey into the afterlife using a new and innovative form of interaction—your real-life blinks. Check out the trailer below.
Ever since co-director Will Hellwarth conceived of this title seven years ago, as a student project at USC, we’ve dreamed of it one day coming to virtual reality. What we never could have dreamed of is finding as exciting home for it as a launch title for the PS VR2.
For one, the eye-tracking just works perfectly. With the PC version — everybody has a different webcam, different lighting conditions, which made it a real challenge. But with PSVR2’s advanced tracking technology, as soon as we got the headset on and started blinking around, it instantly felt like magic.
We always designed this game to be as accessible to as wide an audience as possible. It was a rule that anything we made for it had to pass “the Mom Test” — meaning that our non-gaming mothers could enjoy it as easily as the most hardcore gamer. The PS VR2 version makes this even more the case. After starting the game, you don’t even need a controller, you simply control the camera with your head movements, and interact and control the flow of the story simply by blinking. The emotional narrative surrounds and overwhelms you, as you relive precious memories of family, first love and the rise of an artistic career, before revealing a heartbreaking hidden truth.
We sincerely feel this version is the definitive way to experience this story which we’ve all poured so much of ourselves into over so many years. We can’t wait for fans both old and new to get their eyes on it.
State of Play: All Announcements
- Atmospheric sci-fi western roguelike The Foglands launches on PS VR2 this year
- Dive into the jungle with Green Hell VR on PlayStation VR2, out 2023
- Synapse brings dual-wielding VR action exclusively to PS VR2 this year
- Destiny 2: Lightfall launch trailer and new quality-of-life features revealed, out Feb 28
- Humanity: intriguing puzzler gets new gameplay details and demo release today as part of State of Play
- Journey to Foundation brings Asimov’s epic sci-fi series to life on PS VR2
- Tchia sets sail on PS4 and PS5 on March 21 as part of PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium
- A closer look at PS VR2 narrative adventure Before Your Eyes ahead of its March 10 launch
- Street Fighter 6 rounds out its launch roster with Cammy, Lily and Zangief
- Goodbye Volcano High launches this June on PS5 and PS4
- Baldur’s Gate 3 launches on PS5 August 31
- Naruto X Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections launches 2023 on PS4 and PS5
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League debuts 4-player co-op gameplay and more at State of Play
- Wayfinder: PS4 and PS5 players get exclusive Early Access to the character-based online RPG in May
- Resident Evil 4 trailer debuts new action gameplay, announces Mercenaries mode, demo