New update for baseball sim is available later tonight
A new free update is available for download starting today, Friday after 1pm PT in MLB The Show 19. Now you choose from three new 99 overall player rewards, including Legend Rickey Henderson. It’s also the first time that a Diamond Dynasty Program leads to three Signature Series players who are rated 99 overall! The hardest part of your journey may be picking which reward to keep at the end.
New content has arrived weekly since launch in MLB The Show 19, and this Diamond Dynasty update comes at no additional cost once you own the game. Updates include:
- New Program with Diamond choice packs, customized equipment and stadium sounds.
- New Moments to relive some of the most storied baseball memories from the last century.
- Rewards in single-player Conquest mode and in the multiplayer Ranked Seasons where you bring your best team to the field.
3rd Inning Program Bosses
Battle the new bosses in pressure-packed games, or play with them in fast-paced Moments. As you complete Program challenges and games, you will earn Program Stars to unlock a special choice pack that lets you keep one of three Bosses. Who will you choose?
- Signature Series Rickey Henderson (LF)
- Signature Series Roberto Alomar (2B)
- Signature Series Justin Verlander (SP)
Rickey Henderson is arguably baseball’s most dominant leadoff hitter of all time. Choose this Legend if you want an outfielder with top-end speed and dynamic hitting ability.
Do you need an infielder who excels on defense and also hit over .300? Then consider Roberto Alomar, who retired with 10 Gold Glove awards and four Silver Slugger awards, giving him an edge over Henderson in the defensive department.
You may think pitching is the most important part of your team. Justin Verlander is not only a Cy Young award winner, but a former MVP. Choose the dominating righty with confidence and add his electric arm to your rotation.
Earn Program Stars
The 3rd Inning Program brings new Moments featuring major events in each Boss’s career as well as opportunities to battle against them in fantasy situations with your Diamond Dynasty team.
Earn Program Stars by:
- Playing games in Diamond Dynasty
- Completing daily Missions
- Completing all goals in the new 3rd Inning Conquest Map
- Completing 3rd Inning Moments
Earn Program Rewards
On the journey to 300 Program Stars where you can claim your Boss Choice Pack, you will unlock a number of unique rewards. There are more choice packs with Gold and Diamond players, custom equipment, bat flip animations, a unique ocean bat skin to equip to your Created Player or your Diamond Dynasty squad, and much more.
Look for more 3rd Inning Content to arrive next week. Play ball!
*PlayStation Plus required to play multiplayer modes.