Build iconic rockets, space suits from moments in history
History and Parts Pack is the first DLC available on PS4 for the award-winning multi-genre space exploration game, Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition!
In addition to 10 exciting missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration, this content-filled console-optimised DLC includes more than 60 new parts and an astronaut suit inspired by the historic Space Race! These parts will not only allow you to be creative and build all sorts of imaginative spacecrafts, but also replicate the iconic Saturn V and Soyuz Rockets!
Below is a basic guideline of the parts you will need to build these rockets. The rest will depend on you (can’t make things too easy).
The Saturn V was an American human-rated expendable rocket used by NASA between 1967 and 1973. Developed to support the Apollo program for human exploration of the Moon, the three-staged rocket remains the tallest, heaviest, and most powerful rocket ever brought to operational status, and holds records for the heaviest payload launched and largest payload capacity to low Earth orbit, which included the third stage and unburned propellant needed to send the Apollo Command/Service Module and Lunar Module to the Moon. To date, the Saturn V remains the only launch vehicle to carry humans beyond low Earth orbit.
In order to build a Saturn V replica, you’ll need these parts, and a few more, like decouplers and probably a heat shield, just to name a few:
- Mk1-3 Command Module
- SM-6A Service Module (DLC exclusive)
- Launch Escape System
- SM-25 Service Module (DLC exclusive)
- E-J10 “Wolfhound” Liquid Fuel Engine (DLC exclusive)
- Munar Excursion Module (M.E.M.) (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
- RE-I2 “Skiff”Liquid Fuel Engine (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne S3-S4 Adapter Tank (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne S4-256 Tank (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne S4-512 Tank (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne Engine Cluster Adapter Tank (DLC exclusive)
- Kerbodyne KE-1 “Mastodon” Liquid Fuel Engine (DLC exclusive)
The Soyuz is a family of expendable launch systems designed in the 1960s. Originally commissioned as part of the Soviet human spaceflight program, the Soyuz is the most frequently used launch vehicle in the world with over 1700 flights since its debut in 1966. Since the retirement of the Space Shuttle in 2011, all human spaceflights to and from the International Space Station have been carried out using Soyuz.
In order to build a Soyuz rocket replica, you’ll need these parts, and a few more! Don’t forget your decouplers and a parachute!
- KV1 “Onion” Reentry Module (DLC exclusive)
- KV2 “Pea” Reentry Module (DLC exclusive)
- KV3 “Pomegranate” Reentry Module (DLC exclusive)
- Size 1.5 Decoupler (DLC exclusive)
- FL-TX440 Fuel Tank (DLC exclusive)
- FL-TX1800 Fuel Tank (DLC exclusive)
- FL-A151L Fuel Tank Adapter (DLC exclusive)
- FL- T800 Fuel Tank
- FL-C1000 Fuel Tank (DLC exclusive)
- RK-7 “Kodiak” Liquid Fuel Engine (DLC exclusive)
- <li>RV-1 “Cub” Vernier Engine (DLC exclusive)
If you need more help building these historic rockets, be sure to check out some of the tutorials available on the KSP Forums and YouTube. The History and Parts Pack DLC is available now and we’re excited to see all of you PS4 astronauts exploring the vastness of space!