Hello Games reveals trailer and full details on changes coming to its PS4 sci-fi exploration sim with update, out 24th July
Hello! On 24th July No Man’s Sky NEXT will launch as a free update for everyone who owns the game. On behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games, I just want to say ‘thank you’. We are so excited to have made NEXT, and to continue to improve and develop No Man’s Sky, because of you, the community who play, explore and share this universe with us. It means so much to us.
We are focused on development, but we know people are hungry for details so wanted to share this before launch.
When No Man’s sky launched it was broad in a way that almost no other game is, but with four updates it has become broader and so much deeper too. Now, the release of NEXT brings a full multiplayer experience which makes the universe even more rich. We can’t wait for you to play, but hopefully you can see from the trailer this is a very new experience.
Here are a few things you might notice from the trailer…
- Team-up with a small group of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third- or first- person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited base building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base-building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge.
Nearly two years ago, our small team of friends, with a shared love sci-fi, opened up the universe of No Man’s Sky for the first time. It was an innovative, weird and at times lonely game. I loved that, it reminded me of the science fiction books I grew up with.
This is an incredibly important update for us, but it’s also just another step in a longer journey, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.
We hope you enjoy this and what follows – and we look forward to meeting you out there! Our journey continues.
Join the ConversationAdd a Comment
But don't be a jerk!
Loading More Comments