Catch all the action live from the track and find out how you can get involved
Today, we’re thrilled to announce that the first ever Gran Turismo World Tour event will be held at next week’s “24 Hours Nürburgring” in Germany.
The team here at Polyphony has invited 30 of Europe’s top GT players to compete in a series of exciting races from 10-13 May in both a Nation’s Cup and a Manufacturer’s Fan Cup.
European Countries will be represented by the following in the GT World Tour event:
- Belgium: Nick Aerts
- Finland: Markus Kononen & Kimmo Kaisla
- France: Fabien Gaillard, Loris Garnier, Anthony Duval & Pierre Lenoir
- Germany: Michael Kasseckert, Patrick Weking, Kevin Richly & Tarek Buschmann
- Great Britain: Matthew Thomas, Martin Grady, Tom McPherson & Lewis Bentley (Reserve Driver: Edward Williams)
- Hungray: Patrik Blazan & Benjamin Bader
- Italy: Matteo Paolini, Cristian Nicotra & Vincenzo Mangano
- Luxemburg: Philippe Nicolay
- The Netherlands: Angelo Schut, Sander Derksen & Joost de Haas
- Poland: Kamil Karsky
- Portugal: Bruno De Sousa Ferreira
- Slovenia: Uros Rasic
- Spain: Francisco Jimenez, Adrian Mayor & Manuel Rodriguez Rincon
This brand new World Tour format is one we hope you all enjoy, as any Live Events which form part of the upcoming FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships will adopt a similar set-up. We hope to have more exciting news on that to announce in the coming weeks.
For GT fans who are also attending the 24 Hours Nürburgring, you’ll be able to watch the pros compete at the venue in a specially designed arena, as well as have a go yourself in friendly exhibition races divided into Junior, Adult and Senior classes.
With more thrilling GT World Tour events on the way, now’s the perfect time to join millions of other drivers out on the track.
As always, stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for the first word on upcoming GT content.