Captain Marvel, Mega Man X, Ryu and more clash in franchise crossover, developed on Unreal Engine 4
In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed crossover series with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles. Check out the announcement trailer for a first look at Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and long-time fans alike.
In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the centre of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favourite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into player’s’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favourite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible single player content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast multiplayer features: robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release on PlayStation 4 in Europe in late 2017.
We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and You Tube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.