Check out the handsome launch trailer for the puzzle/platformer sequel
Hey everyone! Kai from Frozenbyte here with some great news! We’ve managed to hit the Christmas launch, so Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is now available digitally for PS4! PlayStation Plus members will get a 10% launch discount lasting until 6th January.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a 3D platforming game set in a beautiful fantasy world of vivid colors, and is also a mixture of puzzles, adventure and action. You’re playing with three distinct characters, a Wizard specialised in conjuring boxes and levitation, a stout-hearted Knight with powerful fighting abilities, and an elusive Thief, great at fighting from afar with her bow and at overcoming obstacles with her grappling hook. Each character will help you in different ways on your puzzle- and action-packed journey.
The story starts off with the Heroes growing tired of their duties. They try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding: Trine shatters and a heartless ancient sorcerer escapes. With only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
The game has altogether 28 trophies, including a Platinum one, so you’ll have a good bit of challenge trying to complete them all.
We know there are a number of 3D TV owners out there, so we’ve continued to support stereoscopic 3D with Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power! And if you haven’t tried any of the Trine games in stereo 3D yet, now’s a good time to start :)
Here’s a list of key features:
- A beautiful 3D fantasy world with seven story-driven Chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages
- Three playable characters, Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief and Amadeus the Wizard, each with their own skills and unique abilities
- Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players
- Full HD 1080p with 60 FPS
- Support for Stereoscopic 3D (720p)
- Mesmerising soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen
- Full language support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Finnish.
One thing that I want to be upfront about (if you did not notice from the features list), is that unlike the previous Trine games on PS4, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power sadly does not support online co-op due to technical issues. We hope that you’ll still enjoy playing co-op locally though.