Plus, a few stats on how you’ve been faring since launch earlier this month
Greetings Helldivers. As a civilian you made the most important decision of your life by enlisting in the Helldivers.
As a Helldiver you made liberty, democracy and the protection of SUPER-EARTH your personal responsibility.
YOU HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE. The positive response and recruitment rate since Helldivers first launched into the galaxy on 4th March have been overwhelming. The latest statistics coming in from the Galactic Fleet bring us some heartening news:
- 4.2 billion shots fired by the Helldivers (avg. accuracy 38%)
- 500 million enemies of SUPER-EARTH neutralised (killed)
- 772,000 planets liberated
- 53,000 Cape Spinning Trophies earned
We remember and salute the 9 million brave Helldivers who have already sacrificed their lives in our fight for freedom! (2.3 million of those to Friendly Fire). But the war is still far from won. We need every woman, man and child to step up and preserve our hard-won ground and push out towards the home worlds of the alien races threatening us.
To meet the alien threat, on 18th March we are deploying three new DLC packs to any Helldiver in need of new outfits and gear. Each pack is available individually for €2.99 or you can buy all three in the Helldivers Add-On Bundle for €5.99.
Helldiver Commandos are the best of the best, specialists at being a one man army capable of leaving a wake of death and destruction. Though they are seen as one man armies, they Commandos value teamwork greatly due to their equipment. The Commando Pack contains:
- The Commando Uniform (helmet, armour and cape).
- SMG-34 ‘Ninja’: A silenced, compact, submachine gun with short reach and good accuracy. The silenced aspect has been debated much and there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.
- MLS-4X ‘Commando’: A multiple missile launcher system similar to the one used on the EXO-44. From its four barrels it fires seeking missiles at a high rate of fire; primarily an anti-personnel weapon, it can be upgraded to have limited anti-tank capabilities.
Helldiver Defenders are the unmovable objects of humanity, capable of holding their ground in any situation. They have a bulkier look and a helmet reminiscent of the knights of Old Earth and used to double as riot police before humanity unified properly. The Defender Pack contains:
- The Defender Uniform (helmet, armour and cape).
- CR-9 ‘Suppressor’: A semi-automatic rifle firing small fragmentation grenades. It is a volatile weapon but capable of devastating large masses of enemies, hence the nickname ‘Suppressor’.
- AD-334 ‘Guard Dog’: A backpack drone system, featuring an automated defensive combat drone armed with a small submachine gun. The drone circles ahead, firing at targets of opportunity and will land in the backpack to reload.
Support Helldivers are much loved by their squad mates and bring both firepower and medical aid to any squad they join. Wearing the classic grey cape with a black cross they project an aura of capable concern for fellow humans.
- The Support Uniform, Helmet, Armour and Cape.
- LAS-16 ‘Sickle’: A carbine based on laser technology, modified to behave more as a regular assault rifle. It overheats quickly but well placed shots do excellent damage and the virtually unlimited ammunition is invaluable in tight situations.
- AD-289 ‘Angel’: A backpack drone system, with an automated healing and repair drone that will try to help all friendly targets in its vicinity. It will land in the backpack to refill the restorative substance.
Ranger Limited Edition bundle
From March 18th you can also buy a Limited Edition bundle, until 28th April. Citizens that enlist before this date will receive special Helldivers Ranger training at no added cost.
Helldivers specially trained in scouting and assassination of high value targets, these Rangers are the first to drop into the unknown. Ranger training was standard procedure for all Helldivers in the early days of SUPER EARTH, but has now become rarer.
- The Ranger Uniform, Helmet, Armour and Cape.
- LHO-63 ‘Camper’: A designated marksman rifle with high power and accuracy traded for fire rate, few enemies take more than a few shots to kill.
- ‘Humblebee’ UAV: An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, capable of revealing enemies and hidden objectives at greater distances.