A closer look at some of the new gadgets at your disposal
We’ve been showcasing some of our brand new tools and features at Gamescom and we’re here today to give you a run-down of just some of these exciting new gadgets and features that you will be able to use to create your brand new levels and games with!
- New inFAMOUS First Light trailer debuts, new features detailed
- New The Order: 1886 trailer makes its debut at Gamescom 2014
- LittleBigPlanet 3: New create tools and features detailed
- PS4 exclusive The Tomorrow Children announced at Gamescom 2014
- Occult mystery The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is coming to PS4
- Hollowpoint from Ruffian Games will make its console debut on PS4
- Hellblade announced for PS4, from Heavenly Sword studio Ninja Theory
- Stunning new Rime trailer debuts at Gamescom 2014
- Upcoming PS4 system update v2.00 to add Share Play, YouTube, more
- Until Dawn unveiled for PS4 at Gamescom 2014
- Feast your eyes on a brand new DRIVECLUB trailer
- New Destiny trailer debuts at Gamescom 2014
- Tearaway Unfolded unveiled for PS4 at Gamescom 2014
- Alienation unveiled at Gamescom 2014
- Introducing WiLD, a PS4 exclusive from Rayman creator Michel Ancel
- New Far Cry 4 trailer debuts at Gamescom, Keys of Kyrat detailed
Our brave, brave heroes all come with their own unique special abilities and physics but they’re capable of oh so much more! Each hero can be fully costumed up just like Sackboy but not only that, you can tweak them all in Create Mode to completely change their handling and abilities for your own levels!
The Blaster Handle
You have all seen his friends’ special abilities but Sackboy has some brand new tricks too! Using the new Blaster Handle tool you can create your very own power-ups for Sackboy to use! Power-ups from goop-firing guns to magically enchanted staffs is now possible… The only limitation is your imagination!
Dynamic Thermometer and Deep Layers
Using our brand new Dynamic Thermometer functionality, the LBP create thermometer is now more flexible than ever. This will allow for created levels to be massively bigger than ever before and even have much greater depth since a creator can now make use of up to 16 playable layers with some rather neat new gameplay objects to help our heroes transition between multiple layers instantaneously.
We’re fully utilising the unique features of the PlayStation 4 and using the DualShock 4’s new touch pad and you will now be able to use Touch Create to bring a whole new element to your level creation that just wasn’t possible until now!
Make Expansive Adventures!
Using our new adventure creation tools, you can now make your very own Adventure Maps filled with levels containing fun and exciting Quests that can be tracked across the entire Adventure using the new Organisertron quest tracker!
The Sack Pocket!
Whilst playing Adventures and completing Quests, you will be able to collect power-ups that Sackboy can add to his personal inventory, the Sack Pocket! Using the Sack Pocket, you can quickly equip and use these power-ups at any time during your home-made adventures!
That’s not all and we’re still just scraping the surface! If we had to sum up the new additions in the tastiest of nutshells, we can tell you that you will gain access to the following in LittleBigPlanet 3…
- 70 Brand New Tools
- 29 Enhanced Tools from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2
- 10 Tools from LittleBigPlanet PS Vita arriving to home consoles for the first ever time!
If you combine that with all of the other tools that we’re bringing forward from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2… That gives you an absolutely whopping 250 Create Tools to pour all your imagination and creativity into!
Share Your Imagination!
Create Trailers, Stream Gameplay and More!
It just wouldn’t be LittleBigPlanet, if you couldn’t share your amazing creations and activity with the rest of the community! Using the PlayStation 4’s Share features, you will now be able to create trailer-style videos that you can attach to your published levels to give the rest of a community a personalised preview of your level.
We will also be adding full video integration to our LBP.me community site and you will be able to use the site to quickly find great new video content to watch and queue up new levels to play. Finding great content in LittleBigPlanet has never been easier!
LittleBigPlanet 3 arrives to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on November 18th and is available to pre-order now! We can’t wait to see what you create with these brand new tools!
So let us know what you will be creating in LittleBigPlanet 3 in the comments below!