Everything you need to know about making the step up
Welcome once again to another instalment of our FFXIV: ARR blog series. It’s Friday, the week is about to be over, and for some of you, Early Access on the PS4 is about to begin! A weekend full of adventures in Eorzea lies ahead – the first of many!
So, for those of you who have already been playing FFXIV: ARR on their PS3, only one question remains:
Damn, that looked fantastic. Now, how in the world do I upgrade my PS3 version?
And this is what we’ll help you with, right here, right now – as promised!
Some general information before that:
- If you have played FFXIV on the PS3, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free!
- The upgrade will be available from today until at least the end of the year.
- Make sure that you have logged in on your PS3 version at least once, so it is correctly registered in our systems.
- Remember that you will not be able to access the game from your PS3 anymore after the upgrade to PS4 has taken place!
Step 1: Get your promotion code!
Important: The upgrade option is currently scheduled to go live at around 9am BST on Friday, 11th April.
- First of all, log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix Account, visit the Account Services page and select the Service Account that you want to upgrade.
- Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to Upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
- You will now be presented with the details of the Upgrade Campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you are done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next”.
- On this page you will be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you have selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
- If all is in order, click on “Upgrade”.
And you’re done! You will now be displayed with a summary and your Promotion Code to download the game from the PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Redeem your promotion code!
Please note: If you have participated in the second PlayStation 4 beta, this step is optional, as you already have the game client installed on your system and only need to update it. You still need to go through step 1, though!
- Boot up the PS4, log in to your Sony Entertainment Network Account and go into the PlayStation Store.
- Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.