Find out how you can get an early taste of the epic PS4 MMO
Hello everyone! After my last update, a lot of you had questions about the Final Fantasy XIV beta and the PS3-to-PS4 transfer process for accounts. You were wondering who could participate in the beta, if you could participate with your existing characters or if you needed an existing account or could jump right in.
Well – luckily enough, today marks the release of our Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation 4 product page, and with it a whole lot of answers you’ve just been waiting for. And not just that – but also a trailer, fully recorded with PS4 in-game scenes.
Okay, let’s get started with some real information:
- Phase 1: 22nd February to 3rd March
- Phase 2: 4th April to 7th April
- Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates
- The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4 and directly downloadable from the PS Store
- There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
- Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
- PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta – in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
PS3 to PS4 transfer
- The transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, 11th April, 2014.
- Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you will be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy.
- Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PlayStation 4 version separately.
- Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PlayStation 4.
- Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, schedules from the 11th to 13th April.
- Please note: To transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged in to it from a PS3 at least once.
- Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
- PS Vita Remote Play – craft, gather and play wherever you go.
- Share-support – stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
- Mouse & Keyboard Support – switching over from a PC? Or maybe you dislike controllers? No problem!
- Touchpad-Support – the touchpad of the Dualshock 4 controller is fully supported.
Did that whet your appetite? Then have a look at this!
Those textures, those colours, those fluid graphics… never again shall a PC FFXIV player look down on his console brethren! Freedom for consoleros! FREEEDOOOOOOOM! … Sorry. Got a bit carried away there.
Fun facts: To create this two minute long trailer, we recorded over six hours of footage, creating over 800GB of videos at 1080p. I am also in that video, visible at around 0:34. The first one to guess who I am will have the honor of being right! :)
If you want to preorder already, great – feel free to follow this link: PREORDER
Did you like what you just read? Let us know in the comments. And as usual, we will keep you up to date here, on the Square Enix Blog, on Facebook… wherever we can!