Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…Jack Frost nipping at your nose…etc., etc. Yes, it’s (almost) that time of year again, and to celebrate we have some festive treats guaranteed to bring a smile to your PSP‘s (or PSPgo‘s) big shiny face.
First up is our Festive Fifty celebration, which you may have already seen. During the year, the Digital Comics catalogue has grown to epic proportions: it now boasts over 2,700 titles, from 20 different publishers, with 23 great value bundles, and almost 50 FREE comics. To help you pick the best, most popular comics, we’ve listed our top 25 best sellers of the year, featuring blockbuster names like Marvel’s Civil War series, Hulk, God of War and Spidey. We also wanted to highlight our own personal favourites and some recent releases too. Our list of 25 “Boredom Busters” contains such classics as Deadpool, Gaiman’s epic Sandman, and the soon-to-be-everywhere Locke & Key, along with some cult classics deserving of your attention. Check out the full lists here.
Let’s see what’s new in the Digital Comics store this week.
- Insomnia’s Cancertown was one of the highlights of our early offerings – a great series which steadily grew a loyal cult following during its time on the store. Now, writer Cy Dethan is back with the superlative The Indifference Engine through Markosia.
- Every great action hero got started somewhere: Batman Began. Bond had his Casino Royale. And for John McClane, more than a decade before the first Die Hard movie, he’s just another rookie cop. BOOM! Studios present Die Hard: Year One – 8 issues are now available to read. Yippee Ki Yay!
- Not one but two of DC’s Ex-Machina specials are released today. At long last, the origin of Jack Pherson, the Great Machine’s mysterious archenemy, is finally revealed in this perfect introduction for readers new to the world of Ex Machina.
- Witness the birth of The Four – Reed Richards, Johnny Storm, Susan Storm & Ben Grim – with the start of Marvel’s 2003 epic Ultimate Fantastic Four. Not to be outdone, the Marvel dream team of Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch unleash the red-hot 2002 series of The Ultimates this week.
Here’s the full list:
- 2000AD Prog #1710 2000AD
- Bone #9 Cartoon Books
- Die Hard: Year One #1-#8 BOOM! Studios
- Ex Machina #22 DC Comics
- Ex Machina Special #1 & #2 DC Comics
- Fables #37 DC Comics
- The Flash: Rebirth #3 DC Comics
- Green Lantern #19 DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps Vol.1 #1 DC Comics
- The Indifference Engine #1 Markosia
- Iron Man: Legacy of Doom (2008) #1-#4 Marvel
- JLA #25 & #26 DC Comics
- Kill Shakespeare #7 IDW
- N-Guard #3 Markosia
- Planetary #21 DC Comics
- The Punisher (2001) #5-#8 Marvel
- Ratchet & Clank #3 DC Comics
- Reya #5 Markosia
- Sandman #14 DC Comics
- Superman/Batman #41 DC Comics
- Supernatural: Origins #3 DC Comics
- Ultimate Fantastic Four (2003) #1 Marvel
- Ultimates (2002) #1 Marvel
- Wolverine Origins (2006) #7-#10 Marvel
- Wonder Woman Vol.3 #13 DC Comics
- Y: The Last Man #20 DC Comics
Cataclysm may be in full swing, but if you can bear to tear yourself away World of Warcraft: Curse of the Worgen should help ease the pain. If you haven’t already done so, check out our exclusive creator Q&A here. As ever, check out www.playstationcomics.com to view the whole catalogue, for regional pricing, exclusive blog posts and to join the Digital Comics forum.