Hello PlayStation.Blog residents. Emil Ayoubkhan here from The Behemoth. We were graciously granted access to the blog to update everyone on our progress with Castle Crashers for PSN.
I’m here today to talk about our new volleyball minigame that we will be including in our upcoming version of Castle, but before I get into that, let’s talk about the release date. This is pretty straightforward actually as we don’t have one yet. We’re looking to finish sometime this year and as soon as we can narrow it down to a specific month, we will be able to talk about this more.
Now back to the to volleyball minigame. Here are some of the finer points:
Play co-op or vs your buddies
- Local or online play
- From 1-4 players per team for up to 8 player matches
- Variable stats based on character
- Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the volleyball
- Cool new serving and spiking moves
- Available AI teammates or opponents
- Play as any character you have unlocked
- Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
- Leaderboards to track the best in the land
It’s basically like playing volleyball with your friends but you get to replace good sportsmanship with explosions, magic, and weaponry. As we get closer to the release, we’ll start revealing some more features and additions. What will they be? How will they work? What will they do? Stay tuned for more.