- The Games As Art competition (“Competition“) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxemburg, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries“) except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its associated companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants“).
- The Competition is open for entries on 25 July 2012 and closes for entries on 1 August, 12:00 (BST) (the “Competition Period”).
- To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a. Participants will have to go to http://blog.eu.playstation.com (“the Website”);
b. Click on the Games As Art competition link;
c. Sign into their Sony Entertainment Network Account (“SEN Account”), or if they don’t already have one, use their PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®Vita system or PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system to create a SEN Account and then sign-in via the Website;
d. The Competition is free to enter. Participants will have to submit a piece of original artwork inspired by PlayStation video games
e. The artwork can be created with any computer programme, or drawn, sketched or painted. If the latter, a scan or photo of the artwork must be submitted
f. Together with the artwork, participants must enter a short description of what inspired them to create the piece of artwork (no longer than 60 words);
g. The Entrant will need to send their piece of artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the competition entry form outlining their name, address, SEN ID and Date of Birth;
h. By entering this Competition, Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Entrants may only submit one entry and will only be eligible to win one prize.
- Entrants must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any (i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery, (ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (iii) harassing or defamatory content, (iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others, (v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
- The judge will pick one (1) winner who in their sole opinion sent the most inspiring piece of artwork. All winners shall be notified of their selection by email within one (1) week of the Competition.
- In order to claim their prize, the winners will have to reply to the email sent to them within 30 days featuring their name, date of birth and postal address.
- The winners will get the chance to see their drawings displayed as part of the backdrop of the Games As Art Panel Session which will be streamed live on Tuesday 14th August 20:00 (BST) / 21:00 (CET) on the following channels:
– PlayStation Blog (blog.eu.playstation.com)
– PlayStation Official App
– PlayStation.com (including PS3 browser version)
– PlayStation Home
– Facebook fanpage (facebook,com/sonyplaystation)
After the panel session, the artwork will also be displayed to journalists within the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe meeting area at Gamescom 2012. Following the convention, the winners will receive their artwork printed onto canvas and signed by the six Games as Art panel members.
- The prize value is approximately €150.00 / GBP 117 / DKK 1,115.95 / NOK 1,108.38 / PLN 629.5 / SEK 1,268.21 / CHF180.14 / 3,837.51 CZK / 5,949.00 RUB
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the prize by registered post to each winner within 30 days of receiving a winner’s details by email but does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are sent later than this.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each winner’s name will be made available on request to those enclosing a SAE marked Games As Art Competition to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within 6 weeks of the closing date specified above.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at their sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize awarded.
- General Rules apply to this Promotion. Please click here to view the General Rules.
- The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.