Hello again, fellow God Eaters!
With the release of God Eater 2: Rage Burst upon us, here are some tasty tactics to get you started:
- Focus on completing Story Missions until Blood Arts are unlocked. Once Blood Arts are available, level up each type until you find two or three that you like. It is recommended to acquire at least one ground and one aerial Blood Art.
- Actively switch between melee & gun God Arc forms to maximize damage.
- Every Aragami can be defeated with any God Arc type. The best God Eaters will change their loadout in order to maximize efficiency:
- For example, the Aragami “Chi-You” is fairly well armored over most of its body. This armor can be broken off by repeatedly attacking its legs or wings. Crushing attack from a Buster Blade or Boost Hammer can speed up this process. Don’t have a Buster Blade or Boost Hammer? Equip a gun God Arc with high Crush damage and use Blaze or Freezing bullets to pepper the Chi-You with attacks until it succumbs to the pressure.
- The defense attribute on a shield determines how much damage Aragami attacks deal. Deploying the shield to block an attack can mitigate damage even further. There are three types of shields:
- Bucklers have low defense but generally have support skills that help with offense. These deploy faster than the other two types but do not absorb as much damage while blocking.
- Shields are the middle ground between Bucklers and Tower Shields. Pick this type if you want a balance between offense and defense.
- Tower Shields have the highest defense of the group and generally provide defense/support skills. These deploy slowly but can block most, if not all, of the damage while blocking.
- Buster Blades allow God Eaters to instantly deploy their shields by blocking mid-swing. This is called Advanced Guard and it can be paired with Tower Shields to negate its slow deployment times.
- Dodge Aragami attacks by either sprinting or dashing out of harm’s way. Blocking with a shield should only be used for attacks that cannot be avoided since blocking can drain both health and stamina.
- Always keep a good stock of healing items on hand.
- Clothing serves no defensive purpose. Look good, feel good!
- Use the Bullet Editor to create your own bullets. With some tinkering around, you can create lasers that rain from the skies or bullets that explode for tremendous amounts of damage upon hitting an Aragami.
- Devour your enemies as much as possible to keep your Burst Gauge up. While in Burst you gain increased movement speed, lower stamina consumption, shorter charge times for special attacks, and Oracle Point regeneration.
God Eater 2: Rage Burst drops tomorrow in digital & physical formats on PS4 and digitally on PS Vita. If you’re looking for a high-paced action-RPG to get you through that September stretch, God Eater 2: Rage Burst is your ticket! See you on the battlefield, God Eaters!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments