Take a deep breath. Ok. Ready? Persona 5 has a release date in the Americas. The Phantom Thieves are coming to take your heart on Feb. 14, 2017. Exhale.
And because this is basically the biggest title in ATLUS’ history, we HAD to go all out and do one of our renowned special editions. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version of the game, the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition is going to arrive in a massive, collectible box, and will contain the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will be available for $89.99!
For those just interested in the PlayStation 4 version of the game, we’re releasing Persona 5 in a special SteelBook® Launch Edition! All pre-orders and a very limited number of launch copies will come in an official, collectible SteelBook case, adorned with glorious Persona 5 art (identical to the one in the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition). It’ll be $59.99 at launch! Just a reminder, this will be exclusive to the PS4 version.
And for all the rumor-mongers out there, I’m just going to go ahead and confirm this here and now. (What better place than PlayStation.Blog?) Persona 5 is 100 percent still coming out on PlayStation 3. And at launch, it’ll be $49.99 and come in a regular game case.
Now, even after all that, if you still are thinking: “Why 2017!? You promised us 2015, and then 2016! Now it’s 2017?!!!?!” Well, the biggest factor in the 2017 release date is attention to detail. When we show off Persona 5 at E3 next week (Next week!), I think you’ll understand what we mean. We’re making sure every bit is in place. Persona has exponentially grown as a franchise, and considering that this is our first numbered sequel since 2008, ATLUS is taking its time to ensure this is the best possible experience.
I know the wait is agonizing, but I hope you’ll look forward to all the amazing news when Persona 5 infiltrates E3 next week!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments