The Major League Baseball pre-season is coming down the home stretch, and with Opening Day of the 2011 season just two days away, we’re excited to announce 2011 MLB.TV for PS3 is now available on PlayStation Network.
For the 2011 MLB season, the MLB.TV team is introducing significant advancements, including an improved user interface, more integration and more sophisticated tools for live streaming. Check it out as our own Jeff Rubenstein walks you through the highlights:
Some of the new 2011 upgrades include:
- Highest Quality HD Streaming – Speed detection technology gives users ultra-HQ video access (NexDef 4.5 mbps) depending on available bandwidth.
- Enhanced Audio – In-game alternate audio selection allows users to overlay the home or away team’s broadcasters over the live video or use the “Park” option to include the ballpark’s natural sounds.
- Quick-Access Stats – View player cards with full career stats, league leaders, and in-game stats including AB, R, H, RBI, K, BB, SO, LOB, AVG, HR, SB.
- Event Navigation – Select in-game event types, such as home runs, hits or stolen bases, to show on a progression timeline and jump directly to the at bat where they happened.
- Improved User Interface – User-friendly design makes it even easier to browse.
In addition to the upgrades you’ll still enjoy all of the great features introduced in 2010:
- Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed with a subscription to MLB.TV Premium.
- Live Broadcast DVR Functionality – Use the live video overlay to pause and rewind live games or fast-forward to return to live game action.
- Season Archive – Watch games and relive great moments from earlier in the season.
- Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
- MLB Scoreboard – Scrollable league-wide scoreboard for each day’s games in three modes: Pre-game with scheduled starting pitchers; Live with up-to-the-minute game status; and Post-game with final pitching decisions and archived feed selection.
- Favorite Team Selection – Pick a favorite team or teams to be featured first on the daily scoreboard.
- Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2011 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or the user-designated favorite team’s schedule.
PlayStation Network users can download the application now from the “Media” category on PSN in the PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB. If you aren’t already a MLB.TV subscriber, you can go to ps3.com/mlbtv to sign up for either of the two annual packages: currently, MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments