What’s up puzzle fans? Are you the kind of gamer that yearns to explore the wide expanses of space and wage epic, puzzle-based, ship-to-ship battles along the way? Then look no further than Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, coming out for PLAYSTATION 3 via PlayStation Network this Thursday May 7th, 2009.
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is a rich new addition to the beloved Puzzle Quest universe. The game incorporates a powerful blend of casual and hardcore gameplay elements, similar to those adored by fans of the critically acclaimed Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, into an all-new futuristic, science-fiction setting. An innovative hexagonal puzzle board allows for a wide range of strategic depth if a player chooses, allowing for both casual and hardcore players to enjoy the game on their own terms. A rich and detailed storyline and fresh gameplay elements make the world of Puzzle Quest: Galactrix a captivating new adventure to explore and conquer.
List of features:
- Three Gameplay Modes—Single-player, Multiplayer, and Instant Action
- 100+ Missions – You’ll be the busiest space pilot ever as you explore the galaxy uncovering a major plot to destroy mankind!
- 80 Solar Systems – Explore each unique system and obtain new quests, shop for items and meet the various races that populate the galaxy!
- 30 Upgradeable Ships – Shuttles, Cruisers, Ships and Capital Ships—allow players to create, develop and customize their ultimate fleet of attack and exploration vehicles!
- 150 Ship Items – Upgrade your ship with Weapons, CPU systems, Engine Modifications, Shield Powers and become the most bad-ass pilot in the Galaxy!
- 5 Replayable Mini-Games – Haggle for better prices at shops, Mine for precious cargo and Craft your own items and ships!
- Awesome Online Features – Multiplayer, matchmaking, leaderboards, voice chat and more for a full-spectrum online play experience!
Check out what the press had to say about Puzzle Quest: Galactrix:
“as addictive and as awesome as the original”
“Deep, addictive gameplay; worthy sequel”
“the formula’s been improved”
“addictive and varied gameplay”
“an absorbing experience”
“if you are a fan of PQ, Galactrix will hook you all over again”
And here are some tips to have the best experience possible:
1. You control how pieces on a the battle board refresh! So select a piece to make a match. Whichever direction you move that piece will dictate how all new pieces come onto the board for that turn. This also works in all of the mini-games.
2. Think about how your moves could benefit an enemy ship before you make them. Try not to help your opponent by leaving them a costly mine or shield match.
3. A great way to defeat your opponent faster is to always think about how you can do the most damage every turn. Try to think:
a. How can I do the most damage using what is on the battle board?
b. If there are no Mine matches, how can I use my items to damage my opponent?
4. Enemy ships will do anything they can to protect themselves. Don’t leave shield gem matches on the board for your opponent to use. Use them first!
5. USE YOUR ITEMS!!! Some of these ships are tough; proper use of items will make you considerably more powerful.
IN A SYSTEM:
1. Every time you enter a new system, make sure you check what the system has to offer before you go right onto your next quest. Each system in Puzzle Quest Galactrix is unique and has special shops, asteroids and moons for you to explore.
2. There are 150 items in Puzzle Quest Galactrix and the main way to get them is to buy them at shops. Shops have different names in different systems such as Erebus Shipyard, Gemini Engines and Emporium of Keck. Each shop sells different items so you have to go every shop in the galaxy to make sure that you have every item to use!
3. If you are short on credits, go mine an asteroid. You get to keep anything you mine and if clear the quotas of cargo required, you’ll get a sizable bonus. Once you’ve got some cargo, you can sell them at any system in the galaxy.
1. You have three ship slots in Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. You should always try to have balance amongst your three ships. It’s good to have one ship that can equip powerful Gunnery items, a second ship that can hold a lot of cargo and a third ship that can move fast.
1. When you are mining, make sure that you remember that you control how new pieces come on the board by how you move a piece when making a match. So try to use this to move pieces closer together.
2. You should always try to go after the lowest quota cargo material first, as it’s generally the hardest to clear.
1. You are under time pressure, so make sure you match time gems whenever they appear because they will give you an extra 10 seconds.
2. If you find that there are no gems on the board that are the next color gem that you need to match, just make random matches to start clearing space on the board. The more space you can clear, the better your chance to get the next color gem that you need.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments