Another Game Developers Conference has come and gone. More importantly for us, year two of the PlayStation.Blog.Lounge at GDC was a huge success. Stationed in San Francisco this week, we showed off games including Fat Princess, PixelJunk Eden Encore, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, inFamous and more. Our fellow bloggers and friends from the media were able to relax and check out great PLAYSTATION 3 stuff to come this year, and reception has been excellent so far.
But the highlight of the show was the San Francisco PSB meet-up, where over a hundred of you guys showed up and got some hands-on time with Fat Princess and Eden Encore, won some prizes and represented the PlayStation community. I’ll be back this week with a complete wrap-up of the event and will definitely show off some great pics from Wednesday night, but until then, enjoy this one of Jeff as a much-deserved “thank you” for making this meet-up a success.
This week was all about GDC, and we know you’ve been keeping up with our coverage here on the Blog (including some amazing God of War III developer interviews, Backstage with Guitar Hero, the next Ratchet & Clank game and more), but don’t forget that there’s a heap of other worthwhile PlayStation news on the ol’ interwebs. GameDaily’s got a nice hands-on with inFamous in case you’ve already seen IGN‘s Karma coverage. Kotaku gives a rundown of Media Molecule’s GDC lecture on art in LittleBigPlanet, and GameSpot has first look at Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, officially revealed for PS3 this week.
See you tomorrow.
The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of March 23, 2009)
- Review: ‘Resistance: Retribution’ a solid shooter for franchise fans – USA Today (Game Hunters)
- Hands-On: Infamous – GameDaily
- GDC: How Sackboy Learned to Love Physics – Gamasutra
- The Art of LittleBigPlanet: Never Compromise – Kotaku
- GDC09: PlayStation Home to feature three new spaces every month – Joystiq
- ‘LittleBigPlanet’ wins big at video game awards – Associated Press
- GDC09: An inFamous interview with Sucker Punch’s Brian Fleming – Joystiq
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 First Look – GameSpot
- GDC09: PixelJunk Eden profitable after one day of sales – Joystiq
- LittleBigPlanet has over 600,000 user-created levels – VG247
- Exclusives Analysis: PlayStation 3 – Edge Online
- MLB 09 The Show review – CBS News
- Sackboy meets Spock, in crochet style – PS3 Maven
- Fat Princess updated GDC preview from the Blog.Lounge – IGN
- Fat Princess, PixelJunk Eden Encore, and Rag Doll Kung Fu hands-on – GameSpot
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments