One final post from Insomniac from GDC. We wanted to make sure you guys checked out the site for the weapons contest and you’ll be happy to know that submissions are open as of today! As we mentioned yesterday, the Grand Prize winner will have their weapon included in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time as part of Ratchet’s arsenal, will be given a life-size replica of the weapon, and will win a trip to San Diego Comic-Con to meet with the dev team and reveal the winning weapon to the public there!
We wanted to help get the ball rolling with your brainstorming, so we put together a little video roundtable talking about some of our favorite weapons stories and experiences over the years of working on Ratchet & Clank weapons. We also know many people have asked for some advice, so the Weapons team here at Insomniac came up with a few additional guidelines to help you on the path to winning the contest.
- Don’t simply take the Morph Ray and have it turn enemies into a new funny animal like green bunnies.
- Be practical with the visual effects – a gun that fills the
screen with a thousand flaming rockets will be hard to implement.
- We are looking for innovation, humor, and fun factor – not just total destruction.
- Make sure you take a look at previous Ratchet games so you don’t copy an existing weapon.
- Keep it clean and avoid overly gruesome effects – this game is likely to be rated E for Everyone.
- Try to stick to a one or two-handed gun or grenade weapon form (though if you have something really cool in mind, share it!)
Submissions are open through April 10th, so that means you have two weeks to put something together. Head on over to www.ratchetandclank.com to download the My Blaster Runs hot wallpapers, check out the official rules, and submit your design!
That’s all for now, make sure you tune into GTTV tonight to check out the world premiere of the teaser trailer for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments