Pretty good week for the PSP, huh?
But before you’ll get your hands on LittleBigPlanet for PSP, or Assassin’s Creed, or MotorStorm: Arctic Edge… this is one of the games that’s going to be keeping you busy – Resistance: Retribution.
We’ve talked about PSP Connect, Infected Mode, and the storyline of R:R – but multiplayer is the mode you’ll be coming back to time and again. On Monday night, SCEA and Bend Studios invited gaming media to go hands-on with R:R’s multiplayer modes for the first time, and I chatted with Lead Multiplayer Engineer Darren Chisum. Lots of gameplay video inside:
Here’s a bit more info on the various multiplayer modes:
- Team Deathmatch: Eliminate the players on the opposing team. The team with the highest score wins.
- Capture The Flag: Grab the opposing team’s flag and deliver it to your base to score the capture. You flag is required at your base to score.
- Containment: Capture coolant nodes to overheat and destroy the opposing teams reactor. Controlling both coolant nodes increases the overheat time
- Assimilation: The Cloven must eliminate the Maquis forces and assimilate them to their team. The last Maquis to be eliminated ends the round. The player with the highest individual score wins.
- Free For All: All players are out for themselves. Eliminate the opposition and the player with the highest score wins.
Also, check out IGN’s coverage of the event here. Note: Greg Miller never played me head to head, or he’d not be so smug!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments