Hey all you BUZZ! fans – the big day is tomorrow! We officially launch BUZZ! Quiz TV for PS3 and BUZZ! Master Quiz for PSP in North America. Hopefully you have been enjoying creating quizzes on the MyBUZZ Web site (looks like you’ve all been busy!) and by now, I’m sure you’ve all read the previews and are aware of all the cool stuff that’s to come with the games, but here’s a brief recap.
BUZZ! Quiz TV for PS3
- New wireless buzzers and the ability to play with up to eight friends and family members!
- Online play with “Sofa vs. Sofa” – challenge up to three other living rooms anywhere within the United States or Canada!
- Over 5,000 questions on five different channels – music, movies & TV, sports, brainiac and lifestyle. There’s also a Channel Hopper mode that combines all of these genres.
- All-new characters and round types and a brand spanking new studio in high-def.
- Downloadable quiz packs on the PLAYSTATION Network, each containing over 500 questions. The first packs available on Thursday, September 25 are Videogames, Sci-Fi and National Geographic: Safari.
MyBUZZ – create your own personalized quizzes and play them online or in-game. Also, take advantage of the community features. You can share the quizzes you write, and rate and comment on other peoples quizzes.
But wait – that’s not all! As soon as the game launches, you’ll also have access to the first update which contains:
- Trophies! That’s right – immediately upon launch you can start building your trophy library. Collect trophies for a number of different challenges from creating quizzes to playing “Sofa vs. Sofa” games to scoring over a certain number of points – and more!
- Four new contestants and ten new buzzer sounds
- Manage all of your quizzes and your download packs
- PlayStation Eye support – take photos and save in-game. “Get Your Buzz Face On” will let you view your favorite photos and save them to your PS3.
- Multiple buzzer support in “Sofa vs. Sofa” – now anyone can be the first to buzz in!
BUZZ! Quiz TV is available for $59.99 and will come bundled with four wireless buzzers.
BUZZ! Master Quiz for PSP
For the first time, you can take BUZZ! beyond your living room and play anywhere! The “host with the most” is ready to travel and he’s got tons of great features:
Three new multiplayer modes:
- “Pass Around” – challenge a group of friends using just one PSP
- “Game Share” – play frenzied “Fastest Finger” with up to four players ad hoc using just one copy of the game
- “Quiz Host” – you’re in control – award and deduct points as you see fit with up to six players
- An enhanced single-player mode featuring 15 different quiz challenges.
- Collect medals that unlock new rounds and in-game trophies based on different challenges like how many questions you answered correctly in a row, or how fast you answered the quiz questions.
- Over 3,000 questions across eight question categories: music, TV, science, celebrities, nature, sports, movies and general knowledge.
- Six all-new single and multiplayer round types specially created for PSP: Quickfire Challenge, Virus Challenge, Picture This, Weak Spot, Snap Shot and Short Fuse.
- BUZZ! Master Quiz is available for the low price of $19.99!
Hopefully, you are as excited as we are to finally be able to get your “BUZZ” on. We’re already seeing a great response from those lucky enough to get an early copy of the game and now we’re looking forward to playing against other BUZZ! fans in “Sofa vs. Sofa.” And don’t forget, we’ll be awarding a prize to the “All Time Top Author” tomorrow and another one to the “Top Quiz” author a week after launch on September 30. So, keep those quizzes coming!
*BUZZ! Quiz TV comes packed with 4 buzzers, but one will need an additional set to allow 8 players.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments