New vehicles from Ford, Porsche, Toyota and more come to Polyhony Digital's PS4 racer with the 1.53 update
December’s content update for Gran Turismo (Patch 1.53) will be available tomorrow, Wednesday, 18th December!
The legendary WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca returns
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is a race circuit situated 100 kilometers south of San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley in Northern California, United States.
A technical circuit made up of mid-low speed corners, it is encircled by desert so grip can be an issue as the surrounding sand often blows onto the track. Therefore, drivers need to be able to maintain precise control over their speed at all times as any errors in estimation will result in them going off track or crashing.
Its dynamic elevation changes are shaped by the landscape and are a signature of the circuit, with the famed 15-meter downhill-plunging “Corkscrew” its highlight. Laguna Seca is a circuit that offers thrilling racing not seen elsewhere.
- Ford GT ’17
- Porsche 911 Carrera RS Club Sport (993) ’95
- Toyota Crown Athlete G ’13
- Volkswagen Golf GTI ’83
- Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car
- Rennault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy Safety Car
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcast Safety Car
Featured car – Ford GT ’17
From 2005 to 2006, Ford produced the Ford GT, a remake of the GT40 which saw success in the Le Mans 24 hour race in the 1960s. At the 2015 Detroit Motor Show, they announced a 2nd generation model with further advancements.
The body was also a structure combining aluminum front and rear sub-frames, and the body panels were made of carbon for thorough weight reduction. The power unit was not the traditional V8, but a twin turbocharged 3.5L V6. Producing 646 BHP and 76 kgf m combined with a 7 speed DCT transmission, the car marked a top speed of 216.2 mph.
- Beginner League – 2 new rounds added to the Z Heritage
- Amateur League – 2 new rounds added to the Super Formula Championships
- Professional League – 2 new rounds added to the Midship Challenge
- Endurance League – 1 new round added to the Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series