Major expansion to Bungie’s sci-fi epic is due next week
A foul evil stirs beneath the surface of the Moon — a dark legacy that has threatened countless lives. And now, as the Hive legend known as Crota prepares to unleash the strength of the Hellmouth upon Earth, Guardians of the Last City take up their arms in courageous resistance.
The Dark Below is coming. It’s the first Destiny expansion and it launches on 9th December. What better way to celebrate the holidays than to clash with a seething evil of ancient origin? If you’ve been defending the Traveler’s Light since launch, The Dark Below expands the world of Destiny with an ample supply of new content. And guess what? PlayStation gamers have a couple of incredible exclusives to look forward to.
First up, another exclusive Strike to face on Mars: The Undying Mind.* You can step back into the coveted dangers of The Black Garden to face a timeless Vex machine-beast that has survived for ages. Prepare for firefights amidst vine-laden pillars and decaying paths in an effort to destroy the centuries-old evil.
And if you need more firepower to match your new foes, look no further than the PlayStation-exclusive exotic weapon coming to The Dark Below, The 4th Horseman shotgun*. Four barrels, five shots, and a sizzlingly fast fire rate will eat away at the Vex legions in short order.
Now steel yourself; here’s just a taste of the other content coming with the expansion.
- New story missions that pit you against a Hive god
- New weapons, armour, and gear to further customise your Guardian
- The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots
- Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron
- New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome
- An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission
- And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark
*Timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015