Find out more about the new season and latest quality-of-life improvements to the game.
Get ready to squad up in an all-new season of Battlefield 2042, coming June 7. Prepare to show no mercy as Season 5: New Dawn* puts your squad front and center. Experience the Battlefield 4-inspired Reclaimed map. Lead the charge to victory with all-new weapons, gadgets, and tools. Enjoy a plethora of improvements to Battlefield 2042, including the returning Squad Management system, a rework of vehicle loadouts, new weapon stations like thermal tech and heavy anti-air, rehauled Vault weapons, and a reworked version of the Hourglass map. Keep reading for all the intel you’ll need to charge into battle this season!
Welcome to Czechia
This landlocked European country is the setting for the Season 5 Reclaimed map. In 2048, war descends on an abandoned industrial facility slowly being retaken by nature. Let’s take a quick look at the areas of particular interest to anyone deployed here:
● Looking for some serious vehicle combat? Head immediately to the Crash Site. Just look for the derailed train in this once-secret train route. The Landing Zone is hidden away in the forest providing a circular area ideal for close-quarters combat, with new sightlines opening up when trees are destroyed.
● The towering indoor space of the Abandoned Turbine sets up incredible crossfire opportunities due to its verticality and cover. While the Military Warehouse’s floors are more likely to attract snipers and a range of gunplay experiences because of the narrow layout.
● Hidden inside the nearby mountains lies The Bunker, forgotten and made up of a central room where short-range, close-quarters combat will always be pretty intense. The Silos, on the other hand, are an expansive outdoor area perfect for vehicle combat – including truly epic tank battles. Easy to spot due to its four towers rising up from the ground, The Silos also provides plenty of elevated areas for infantry to more safely take a shot at vehicles dominating the ground.
Your Season 5 arsenal
You’re going to need the right weapons to handle everything this new season can throw at you, luckily, we’ve got just what you need:
● XCE Bar – This high-precision bolt action rifle has expanded attachment capability to accompany its stopping power, letting you quickly swap through attachment options to engage foes at various distances.
● GEW-46 – An old favorite from Battlefield 4 returns, offering high stability with short burst fire in medium-range engagements.
● BFP.50 – A powerful hand cannon, giving you another sidearm that deals heavy damage at close range.
Looking for something to give your enemies serious second thoughts about advancing on your position? We’ve got you covered there too:
● Spring grenade – A smaller grenade that bounces into the air before detonation.
● Anti-tank Grenade – A bundle of grenades that will detonate on impact against vehicles.
● Mini Grenade – Micro grenades that can be thrown faster and further than regular grenades.
Squad Management system
In the heat of battle, everything can come down to how well your squad performs. The Squad Management system allows you to manage and tailor your squad to suit the way you want to play with a range of new features. Through a new interface, you can join specific squads and create new ones while passing on squad leadership quickly and easily.
Quality of life updates
There have been a number of tweaks to Battlefield 2042 this season, including a rework of vehicle loadouts to enhance their role in combat, new weapon stations like thermal tech and heavy anti-air, rehauled Vault weapons (allowing you to use attachments and skins earned in Battlefield 2042), and (coming later in the season) a reworked version of the Hourglass map, with improved cover and sightlines.
Season 5 Battle Pass
Of course, no season is complete without its Battle Pass. Play through 100 tiers in the Season 5 Battle Pass to unlock free** and premium*** content including new weapons like the GEW-46, XCE Bar, and BFP.50, gadgets, cosmetics, XP boosters, and the new premium Seasonal Booster. All gameplay-affecting items in Battlefield 2042 are free and earnable for all players.
A new dawn is almost upon us, so be sure to gear up and charge into Battlefield 2042 – Season 5: New Dawn starting June 7!
*Requires Battlefield 2042 (sold separately) and all game updates. No weapon, military vehicle or gear manufacturer is affiliated with or has sponsored or endorsed this game.
**Free Battle Pass content requires gameplay to unlock.
***Premium Battle Pass content requires Season 5 Battle Pass (sold separately) and gameplay to unlock.
Join the ConversationAdd a Comment
But don't be a jerk!
Loading More Comments