13 gameplay tips to ready you ahead of this month’s launch.
Greetings Adventurers! The bustling city of Neverwinter is preparing to welcome new and veteran players to the upcoming module, Jewel of the North, launching August 24! In preparation for this, we’ve put together some tips for making your way through Neverwinter.
- Explore Protector’s Enclave – Once you’ve completed the initial quests, you will arrive at Protector’s Enclave (PE) where adventures can find various locations for all their needs.
- Know your Non-Player Character (NPC) contact locations – NPCs are integral in getting you started on your adventures. With the release of Jewel of the North, some NPCs have moved from their prior location. Sgt. Knox can now be found within the Adventurer’s Guild.
- Take Advantage of the New Training Room – A special demiplane has been created for adventurers to practice techniques and test their mettle! Access to this unique area is found within the Adventurer’s Guild.
- Make Contact With Your Events Contacts – Heralds for most events can be found in the large event dais on the ground level of Protector’s Enclave. These NPCs will provide adventurers with introductory quests and showcase the event rewards!
- Special Vendors and Traders – Certain merchants for special events such as Neverember’s Recruitment have stationed themselves in the Seven Suns Coster Market. Unique currencies can be used to trade with these vendors.
- Control the Bard, Don’t Let the Bard Control You – The new Bard class has special and unique mechanics: Perform and Free Perform. Notes C, D, E, and F are activated via the Cross, Circle, Triangle, and Square buttons. Notes G, A, B, C are activated via the directional buttons. Make more music with quickslots and octaves with the controller’s R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons.
- A Rewarding Entrance – Make sure to stop by the Reward Claims Agent on launch day for some free goodies! The launch of Jewel of the North will also kickstart 20 weeks of different weekly gifts.
- Max Level Change – Feeling…younger? No, this is not your imagination! With the leveling changes introduced in this new module, the max level has been adjusted to 20. Characters who were level 80 will be set to level 20 and offered a free gear pack.
- Whistle While You Work – While Masterwork Professions will appear at a later date post-module launch, the profession and artisan levels have been adjusted to align with the new max level. For new adventurers, the quest “A Workshop Opportunity” will become available at Level 8.
- A Change of Scenery – Seasoned adventurers will find that some zones appear to have gone missing. This “vaulting” of content was done to streamline the leveling experience and bring heroes to epic content faster. The following zones will disappear on launch day so make sure to stop by one last time:
- Blacklake District
- Tower District
- Blackdagger Ruins
- Helm’s Hold
- Pirate’s Skyhold
- Rothe Valley
- Mount Hotenow
- Play in Style – With numerous fashion styles available, players have a variety of appearance options to choose from. New fashion items will initially be added to the Vanity Pet and Fashion tab of your inventory. Make sure to add these fashion pieces to your Appearance Library.
- Manage the Overflow – Adventuring can be rewarding but also encumbering if your bags become full! Surplus items will be added to a special overflow bag that must be cleared up before proceeding with further heroic deeds.
- There’s No Place Like Home – Teleportation stones can be found across various adventure zones, including Protector’s Enclave. Interact with one of these stones to set it as your “home” for teleportation.
To celebrate the launch, the New Beginnings Pack will be available for PlayStation Plus users! This pack contains:
- Female Bard Hairstyle
- Male Long Undercut hairstyle
- 200 Zen
Neverwintans look forward to hearing more fine music and epic tales of swashbuckling across the land as Bards will surely make their presence known. Lord Neverember and the citizens of Neverwinter are eager to showcase the luxury and beauty of their city – the Jewel of the North and finest region of Faerûn!