Experience a new sci-fi epic from the creators of Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere.
Hey PlayStation.Blog readers! Ari, Comms Manager for Sega for all things Atlus, here. Vanillware, the creative minds behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, are back with an award-winning sci-fi story, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, coming to PlayStation 4 on September 8.
Pre-order the game from your local, physical retailer to secure a bonus artbook:
At release, only Japanese VO will be available, due to the impact of COVID-19 on our production schedules. However, a free English VO patch will be available after launch. We’ll share updates and an exact timing as we near release.
Not only is the artwork beautiful in Vanillware’s signature painterly style, the intertwining 13 stories narrative will keep you captivated. Essentially, it’s a deep sci-fi epic (my favorite genre) and it’s already winning multiple awards in Japan, including being nominated for Sci-fi awards normally reserved for movies or books.
Here’s a list of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim’s official accolades:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “PS4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PS4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
Everyone who’s had a part in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim loves this game, and we can’t wait for you to play!
Which of the 13 protagonists are you excited to unravel the mystery as?