Survive longer in the tight, intense 40-player map with tactical insights.
The iconic prison island of Alcatraz is your next destination in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode. The intense map pits 40 players against each other. That means the action kicks in faster and more furiously than the original, sprawling Blackout map. Make the most of your time on the Rock with a few critical tips.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a Sensor Dart, pay close attention to the color of enemy pings. A smaller, dark red ping means that an enemy is either above or below you. With the verticality of Alcatraz, this can be key information for survival.
- Zombies fans will notice that Wall Buys can be found throughout Alcatraz. You’ll be even happier to know that the Wall Buys in Alcatraz are free of charge, aside from the battle to get there. These provide a selection of guaranteed weapons throughout the course of the match, so keep an eye out for their blue glow.
- The Outlander and Brawler Perks can be very useful on the island. You’ll often be forced outside of the collapse or end up right next to an enemy, and these perks may just be your saving grace.
- The close quarters gameplay of Alcatraz lends itself to certain pieces of equipment, weapons, and perks well-suited for tighter spaces that players should consider. Cluster Grenades are great for clearing out rooms, the Cordite submachine gun has excellent mobility and a high-capacity magazine, and Skulker or Dead Silence allows you to move quickly and quietly among the living and the dead.
- If you find yourself warping through a portal in the later collapses, keep your head on a swivel. Redeploy heights will be gradually reduced throughout the match to keep you closer to the fight. Late drops will be very hot.
- For the final collapse, move towards the center point as early as you can. If you’re running from the edge of the collapse you’ll have to battle two types of enemies: other enemy teams and high circle damage.
Have some words of wisdom for other players deploying onto the shattered remains of America’s infamous prison? Share them in the comments below.
New to Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode and want to give it a try? A limited-time Blackout Free Access period is running now through April 30, 2019. PS Plus required.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments