The team at Respawn is very proud of what we accomplished with Titanfall and we’re excited to bring this experience to a brand new audience with Titanfall 2 when it launches October 28 on PS4.
We’ll be introducing a thrilling, unique single-player campaign in addition to our rich multiplayer experience that’s unlike anything else out there.
For new players, here a few general tips to get you ready for Titanfall 2 multiplayer.
- Titanfall is all about speed. Use Wallrun, Slide, and Double Jump to traverse hard to reach areas of the map. Use your mobility to create new flanking routes and unexpected angles of attack. Enemies expect you to keep your boots on the ground — surprise them.
- Many weapons are reliable when fired from the hip. Aim down sights for accuracy when you need it, but stay mobile when you don’t!
- Get kills, complete objectives, and steal batteries to speed up your Titan Timer and call in your Titan quicker.
- Networks are a great way to find and play new friends based on your interests and goals. Make sure to take some time to search for a Network that’s right for you or start your own!
Now that we have the general tips out of the way, here are a few more for first-time Pilots:
- Hold down the grenade throw button to “cook” your grenade before throwing it. Tap Triangle to cancel the throw.
- Each weapon has it’s own feel, and situations that it excels in. Some reward careful distance fighting, others are great for point-blank attacks.
- The Pulse Blade ability reveals enemies to both you and your friends. Sometimes the right intel at the right time makes all the difference.
- The Arc Grenade slows pilots and titans down, giving you a chance to outmaneuver them.
- Avoid overheating the LSTAR, and you’ll never have to reload it.
- Watch your radar for enemy activity; they’ll reveal their locations when they fire their weapons.
Ready to kick it up a notch? Try some of these advanced techniques to become a veteran Pilot:
- Canceling a Frag grenade throw will drop and roll it at your feet, ready to explode. Use this to surprise anyone chasing or lurking below you.
- Give a friendly titan a battery as you ride on top, and the shield that generates will protect you as long as it lasts.
- Use your slide move to boost around corners, catching enemies off guard and making yourself a smaller target.
- Set up your Titan with an Assault Chip and Warpfall for an insta-drop cavalry. Let it mop up your enemies as you go for the match objective.
We can’t wait for you to play Titanfall 2 when it launches this week. Good luck, and we’ll see you online.