Over the course of this week we’ve shown you a lot of exciting information about our upcoming arena-based shooter for PlayStation VR. We’ve acquainted you with the powerful Rigs chassis types, each one of them able — if used correctly — to turn the tide in your favor.
Today, we want to wrap up the week by highlighting the different abilities allowed in the arena. As we announced before, 24 unique Rigs can be unlocked in the game, and each of them is equipped with one of these six abilities:
- Vampire: Nine Lives, Bloodbank, Flatliner, Parasite
- Carapace: Hard Case, Guardian, Roundhouse, Winning Streak
- Nuke: Last Rites, Critical Mass, Injury Time, Blast Radius
- Engineer: Angel, El Diablo, Cheerleader, Pain Killer
- Thief: Dead Centre, Bullseye, Bad Medicine, Killswitch
- Knockout: Rough Justice, Anger Management, Rage Quit, Crowd Control
Rigs Mechanized Combat League is a competitive experience, which means Rig selection is important. The six abilities differ significantly from each other, so it’s important to discover which Rig chassis types and abilities are best suited for a given situation. Collecting as many as you can, rather than sticking with a single Rig, will offer a great advantage.
These are the different abilities approved by the Mechanized Combat League:
- The Vampire ability can instantly repair Rigs to full armor when they take down an opponent, and are therefore a suitable choice for those who can take down a lot of Rigs quickly.
- Perhaps you think safety comes first? The Carapace ability has you covered by assuring you are protected from the rear by energy shields. The shields will block all forms of attack except for melee, giving you a chance to rush the Power Slam goal or your opponent’s’ Endzone.
- If getting in close is your style of playing, the Nuke and Knockout abilities are made for you. Nuke Rigs are able to eject and detonate their power core when destroyed, damaging nearby opponents. Knockout Rigs, on the other hand, are useful when defending the Power Slam goal. Their melee attacks disable an opponent’s overdrive and power modes for a short time.
- Engineer Rigs are a perfect match if you want to hang back and support your team from a safe distance. Watch your teammates create mayhem as you heal them and scramble the radars of nearby opponents to make them doubt your location.
- Last but certainly not the least is the Thief ability, which allows Rigs to pick up the Endzone Ball or Power Spheres by shooting them from a distance. Thief Rigs move quickly and are hidden from the radar when in Turbo Mode, making them perfect for flanking attacks.
Learning how to use each Rig’s ability to your advantage is essential in Rigs Mechanized Combat League. Having the right Rig for the job is the key to dominating in the arena and climbing to the top of the Mechanized Combat League!
We can’t wait for you to get your hands on the game when it launches alongside Playstation VR on October 13.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments