Comrades! I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that The Tomorrow Children launches today and everyone is welcome to jump into this strange neo-Soviet alternative future we’ve created!
The Tomorrow Children is a game quite unlike any other. It features elements of action, simulation, strategy, and social gaming all brought together in a unique alternate-reality, sandbox world.
As a projection clone, you must work with others to restore an annihilated human civilization to its former glory by gathering resources, expanding and customizing your town, constructing defenses, and fending off the “Izverg” Kaiju monsters.
With tremendous support from our community during our open beta test, we’ve been able to make a number of improvements to the game in recent months, some of which I have outlined below. Thanks again to everyone who took part and helped us hone the game — there will be more adjustments and new features added in the coming weeks.
1.) Town Restoration
By reviving Matryoshka dolls and reaching the target population, your town can be “restored” (To glory, comrades!). Those making the most contributions to the restoration will be awarded special points which, in turn, can be exchanged for building permits, new void powers, and a bunch of other cool stuff!
When a town is restored it will be frozen for posterity so that you can move on to a new one. You can always revisit your previous towns and later in the year and we are planning some fun stuff for these “completed” towns.
2.) Comrade Summons
As reward for your labor you’ll earn official coupons which can, in turn, be exchanged at the residents’ store for a Comrade Summons. With this you can invite up to five other players to The Tomorrow Children for free. All you need to do is copy the voucher code displayed on the Comrade Summons and send it to your friends via any means.
Voucher codes redeemed will give the player an entitlement to play the free version of The Tomorrow Children as the proletariat (this will be included in an update to be released in September).
3.) Toil Chips
Toil Chips can be found on the ground at random and will allow you to earn extra “toil” if you collect them. Also, the Freeman dollar drops that were missing in the latest beta have also been restored.
4.) Tree Variations
It’s now possible for a variety of tree types to co-exist in the same town — as opposed to one. Plant saplings can even be brought from other towns to mix things up a little bit!
5.) Terrain Colors
Terrain created by Void powers, the Eagle Corp Jackrammer, and the Comrade’s Jackrammer will now have a unique color associated to the town.
6.) Further Improvements
- Snubbed players (who have been turned blue) will now be caught and thrown in a gulag by constables as they wander around town.
- The parameters for snubbing have been adjusted to avoid griefing.
- Players are automatically snubbed when they attack a facility.
- Facility strength has been adjusted so that they are more difficult to destroy.
- The town hall can no longer be disassembled and will consume less resources when destroyed.
- When facility signboards are thrown into the recycling bin, it will now return a partial amount of the resources that were used when the facility was built.
- Players who throw resources into recycling bins will now be automatically snubbed.
- Only one “Ministry of Labor” can exist in a town.
- Use of “Disassembler” is now limited to players with a residence built in the town.
- The frequency of Izverg attacks now dynamically adjusts according to the active player numbers present in town, making it a little less tough to defend if there are only a handful of you manning the guns.
- The pattern of Izverg attacks will differ between towns meaning some towns will be a lot harder than others (and other towns will be a little easier).
- When the Forged Fruit voucher is used on top of the storage it will drop the food directly into the deposit.
- The act of loading a resource at the bus stop will now be rewarded with toil.
- The “Ministry of Labor” will only award toil for actions made within the town you are in, so when you decide to visit a new town remember to collect your coupons first (you can always come back later, too).
- Lots of balancing adjustments.
As you can see from this list, we have been very busy and are now incredibly excited to have everyone join in and play The Tomorrow Children.
And, of course, glory to all!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments