Many of you have been patiently waiting for PlayStation Vue to come to your city, and today we’re pleased to announce that PlayStation Vue is making its nationwide debut. We’re expanding the service to the rest of the U.S. to give our fans a better way to watch popular live and on-demand TV from top networks like AMC, ESPN, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, and more, using PlayStation Vue’s unique streaming features.
We’re kicking off this launch with our new Slim multi-channel plans that are available in the 203 newly launched markets. Here are the prices for these new plans — all are offered with a free seven-day trial.
- Access Slim: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies, and sports channels for $29.99 per month.
- Core Slim: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access Slim with the addition of national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month.
- Elite Slim: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core Slim with the addition of more top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month.
With an Internet connection and a PlayStation Vue TV-connected device, there are no hidden fees or long-term contracts for PlayStation Vue.
Some of you may be wondering, what’s the difference between Slim and our standard multi-channel plans available in previously launched cities (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Miami)? Slim plans are only available in the newly launched markets and will offer all of the same live cable channels as the standard PlayStation Vue plans. However, ABC, FOX and NBC will offer video-on-demand (VOD)-only content. This means you’ll be able to access top network content, including primetime shows, from the three broadcast networks. Most on-demand content will be available within 24 hours after airing. CBS live and on-demand programming will also be added to select cities at a later date.
We’re working to add local broadcast stations to your city, which will add live, local programing to the channel lineup. You can find more information on plans in your city here: www.psvue.com
Users can take advantage of PlayStation Vue’s unique TV streaming features, including the following:
- Cloud DVR — PlayStation Vue’s unmatched cloud DVR allows users to record hundreds of shows at once and store thousands of hours of content.
- Simultaneous Streaming — a single PlayStation Vue subscription allows users to simultaneously stream content across different devices.
- Powerful Interface — this seamlessly blends live and on-demand content to put top programming front and center, with innovative search and discovery tools. You can also “catch up” on many popular programming within the past three days from a show’s first live airing.
In addition, users can also access programming from more than 60 network mobile apps or websites, simply by logging in with their PlayStation Network ID. The mobile apps and websites are developed by network programmers and are a separate offering from PlayStation Vue, but can be used at no additional cost.
Users can access PlayStation Vue through PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick, as well as iPad and iPhone through the PlayStation Vue mobile app. Google Chromecast is also supported via compatible iOS devices.
We’re excited about this expansion, and can’t wait to share more news about our future plans for PlayStation Vue.