Zen Studios is gearing up to release our awesome pinball table two pack based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We are tremendously thrilled to be able to work with the team at Lucasfilm on this landmark occasion. We have done a lot to ensure that there will be plenty of details from the movie as well as some great homages to real-life pinball machines that fanatical pinheads will appreciate.
At Zen, we always strive to add as much detail to our tables as we can, and we’re proud to be able to continue that tradition with our latest Star Wars tables. Here are seven things you don’t want to miss in the Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack:
Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Table
- The table’s left spiral ramp was inspired by one featured on the 1992 Data East Star Wars pinball machine.
- The BB-8 mini playfield went through five completely different variations before the one that made it on the table.
- The table designer personally performed the pinball table’s motion capture animations for Kylo Ren and Finn!
A shot pulled from the table’s mocap sessions
Star Wars Pinball: Might of the First Order
- Some missions take place on different planets and when you start them, the entire table jumps into hyperspace!
- The holographic image of the Star Destroyer has some control over the table on which it appears. When it turns left or right, the planets in the background will also turn in the same direction.
- The table’s spiral ramp was inspired by the classic Williams 1985 pinball machine ‘Comet’.
- The mini-playfield was crafted as a combination of the upper playfield from Stern’s 1980 table ‘Flight 2000′ and the mini-playfield of Williams’ 1954 ‘Lulu’ table.
Close up shot of the table’s Star Destroyer hologram
The Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack launches on January 12 on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita for $4.99. We’ll see you on the leaderboards!