Hey everyone! Kai from Frozenbyte here with some great news. We’ve managed to hit the Christmas launch window with Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and it’ll be available digitally for PS4 on December 22nd!
The third game of the series has been renewed quite a lot and as you may have heard, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power has full 3D gameplay.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a 3D platforming game set in a beautiful fantasy world of vivid colors, and is also a mixture of puzzles, adventure, and action. You’re playing with three distinct characters: a Wizard specialized in conjuring boxes and levitation, a stout-hearted Knight with powerful fighting abilities, and an elusive Thief who excels at fighting from afar with her bow and overcoming obstacles with her grappling hook. Each character will help you in different ways on your and action-packed journey.
The story starts off with the Heroes growing tired of their duties. They try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding: Trine shatters and a heartless ancient sorcerer escapes. With only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
Trine 3 has 28 Trophies including a Platinum, so you’ll have a good bit of challenge trying to complete them all.
We know there’s still a number of 3D TV owners out there, so we’ve continued to support stereoscopic 3D with Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. And if you haven’t tried any of the Trine games in stereo 3D yet, now’s a good time to start.
Trine 3 includes…
- A beautiful 3D fantasy world with seven story-driven chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages.
- Three playable characters: Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief, and Amadeus the Wizard, each with his or her own skills and unique abilities.
- Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players.
- Full HD 1080p with 60 frames per second.
- Support for Stereoscopic 3D (720p).
- Mesmerizing soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen.
- Full language support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, and Finnish.
One thing that I’d like to be upfront about is that Trine 3 focuses on local co-op and will not include online multiplayer. We hope that you’ll still enjoy playing couch co-op!