We may rarely think about them, but A.I. systems can fundamentally alter the gameplay experience. In order to build Call of Duty: Black Ops 3‘s four-player cooperative campaign, the team at Treyarch had to completely overhaul its A.I. technology and rethink how it influences combat, storytelling, and level design, all the while maintaining the cinematic immersion that the series is known for.
This Saturday, join me and members of Treyarch’s engineering, design, animation, and story teams as we discuss the making of Black Ops 3, the fundamentals of artificial intelligence, and how it can shape the future of games during the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: Unlocking the Potential of A.I. panel.
Heading to PlayStation Experience? Here’s how to attend:
- What: Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Unlocking the Potential of A.I.
- Where: San Francisco, CA — Moscone West Hall, 3rd Floor
- When: Saturday, December 5th. 4:00 PM Pacific
- Gary Stelmack, Senior Designer, Call of Duty Black Ops 3
- Sumeet Jakatdar, Senior Software Engineer, Call of Duty Black Ops 3
- Yanick Lebel, Lead Animator, Animation, Call of Duty Black Ops 3
- Craig Houston, Lead Writer, Call of Duty Black Ops 3
We look forward to seeing you all in San Francisco!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments