Hello, PlayStation! Ben and James from Wonderstruck here, and we’re really (Really!) excited to announce that our open-world sandbox universe Boundless is coming to PS4.
Boundless is a super ambitious PS4 and PC cross-platform game where everyone (Yes, everyone!) plays together in a single online universe. Boundless is a big, open-ended game, and the best way to explain why it’s cool is to tell you what you might do, because it’s your story…
Your Homeworld and Beyond
Your homeworld in Boundless looks and feels unique, procedurally generated to look like no other. You don’t like it? Hey, acid rain can be a serious drag. No worries! Build a Portal and instantly step into another world in the Boundless universe. Ah, a beautiful pistachio-colored, livestock-rich nirvana — much better for a farmer like you.
The universe is huge and disparate. When you open a Portal to a new world you never know what you’ll get — sometimes you’ll thrive, sometimes you’ll have to fight to survive.
Team Up, or Live Alone
When you find that world you really like (you know, the one with that amazing waterfall), why not make if your official home and claim some land using a Beacon? Any land you claim will become yours, and yours alone to change.
That is, of course, unless you want some neighbors, in which case invite your friends and form a guild. Share land, resources, build amazing things, and go on some adventures together. Compete with other guilds and become the most loved, or feared, group in the universe.
The Apex Challenge
Search each new world to discover the location of its ancient Titan. Once activated, these huge sentient fortresses menacingly stalk the landscape searching for anything they perceive as a threat. These apex predators are filled with traps and swarming with deadly Protectors.
Attempted alone, your only hope is to explore, survive, and escape with a handful of valuable resources. If you’re feeling brave, call together all the citizens of your adopted world and attempt the impossible — defeat the Titan.
A Bruising Physical Sandbox
Boundless is a physical sandbox, where you can grapple up to inaccessible mountain ledges and slide down ice paths into the deepest caves. Harvest Titan’s mechanical guts and repurpose them to make your own floating airships and ingenious contraptions. Fullfill your lifelong dream of becoming a space pirate! It’s the ultimate sandbox, create whatever you can dream of and share it with the world.
Become Boundless and Write Your Own Story
In Boundless, your character is unique and your role is free to be defined. You can succeed by doing the things you love, and use coin to shortcut the things you don’t. Here’s just a few examples of how you can make your mark in Boundless:
- Hunt for creatures in dangerous areas and sell the rare loot and materials you find to non-combative citizens.
- Offer your services as a master-builder to other citizens and do honest work for coin.
- Collect the weirdest creatures from across the universe and open a space zoo(!), then charge citizens coin to visit.
- Create amazing sandbox contraptions like people cannons and hyper-efficient crafting machines, and then sell copies of the blueprints to other players so they can create them too.
- Collect the most valuable and rarest resources from across the universe and open a shop that citizens will flock to.
- Open a Portal hub, connecting your world to distant worlds across the universe and allow citizens to travel, for a fee of course!
- Become a Boundless real estate agent, by searching for and claiming the coolest plots of land and then selling them to other players for coin.
- Craft the coolest wearables, the tint them to perfection and open a boutique fashion store.
Those are just a few examples of what you’ll be able to do when the game launches on PS4. Our ambition is to build the ultimate open-world sandbox filled with real players, toys and mechanics. The most exciting things are yet to be discovered…
James Austin & Ben Furneaux
Director & Designer, Wonderstruck
More PlayStation News from Paris Games Week 2015
Battleborn Open Beta Coming First to PS4 in 2016
Vector Announced for PS4, Developed in Collaboration with Avicii
MatterFall on PS4 is the Latest from Arcade Experts at Housemarque
Open-world Universe Boundless Coming to PS4
Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Revealed, Playable at PlayStation Experience
Driveclub Bikes Out Today on PlayStation Store
New RIGS Mechanized Combat League Trailer Showcases Dubai Arena
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood Coming to PlayStation VR
Robinson: The Journey Announced for PlayStation VR from Crytek
Gran Turismo Sport Coming to PS4 in 2016
Quantic Dream’s Latest Game Detroit Revealed, Exclusive to PS4
Street Fighter V Launching February 16th, 2015, Dhalsim Revealed
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments