The day has finally arrived — Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is here. You can now relive (or experience for the first time) the single player campaigns for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, one of the most revered game series of all time. Within Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, follow the perilous journey of Nathan Drake across the globe, from his humble beginnings to his extraordinary discoveries.
We’re extremely proud of the work Bluepoint Games has done to make this the definitive edition of the Uncharted series. We’re looking forward to reading and watching your reactions, whether you’re experiencing the games for the first time or revisiting the trilogy to relive your favorite Uncharted moments. Here is a brief look at what we’ve packed into this collection:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer Beta – purchasers of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will receive exclusive access to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer Beta while the Beta is available. PlayStation Plus membership required to access the Beta.
- Faster Frame Rate – All three games were pushed towards being locked at 60 FPS where possible.
- Camera, Movement and Aim – In order to unify all three games, we adjusted the speed of camera movement, the stickiness of aim assist, and how the camera handled diagonal movement in Uncharted 3 and rebuilt the aim assist in Drake’s Fortune.
- Controller Layout –We remapped buttons to ensure players did not have to switch between different control schemes with each game. We also tweaked some of the controller layout decisions based on player’s familiarity with The Last of Us Remastered.
- Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Grenade Gameplay – We’ve brought the grenade gameplay in Drake’s Fortune in line with the other two games. Players no longer need to equip a grenade to throw one and can also throw grenades in various ways while hanging or while in cover.
- Trophy Tuning and Additions – We added in over 3,500 new trophy points and 3 new Platinum Trophies.
- Languages – All three games now support 22 languages!
- Music Enhancements – Music was upgraded across all three games to support surround sound systems for a better overall audio experience.
- Three New Gameplay Modes:
- Explorer – an “as easy as possible” mode to let new players enjoy exploring as they follow along with the narrative.
- Brutal – a new “as hard as possible” mode called Brutal, an intense challenge, but not a torturous experience.
- Speed Run – Players can practice with Chapter Select and set best times for each chapter or play continuous runs from a New Game to set their best overall scores.
- Photo Mode – Players can now capture their favorite moments and most breathtaking scenes via Photo Mode.
- Enhanced Statistics and Friends Leaderboards – We added support for tracking player statistics across the three games.
- Enhanced Visuals – Visual improvements include enhancements to lighting and shadows, materials, shaders, and visual effects. The models and textures are improved and we’ve added ambient occlusion and motion blur where such rendering features weren’t originally supported.
- Better Movies – All of the movies were re-rendered to include all the visual improvements made to the games themselves, such as better lighting, improved models and textures – and to display at 1080p, 60 FPS.
Want to create your own #UnchartedMoments? Make your own with the Uncharted Moments GIF Wall. The Naughty Dog team has been having some fun with the GIF creator already. Check it out:
If you’re new to the Uncharted franchise, welcome! We recommend playing the games in order, starting with Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. If you’re one of the many who has “charted” their adventures on the PS3 versions, welcome back! We’re looking forward to seeing your Speed Run times and Photo Mode shots!