Hi gang – checking in from R&R to share a quick update from the folks at Treyarch regarding their esports plans for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. Don’t forget: the beta kicks off on PS4 in just a couple of weeks – August 19th.
Hello PlayStation Nation,
We’re excited to have the opportunity to be at Gamescom this year, showing off multiplayer at the Sony booth. Fans fill the halls of Gamescom like no other show in the world and it’s great to put our game in peoples’ hands like this.
Hopefully, you were able to tune into the live stream that we just completed with ESL where we shared more about our competitive agenda.
This is something that we’ve been really passionate about, even prior to Black Ops 2. The eSports scene is one that pushes performance to the limits and only by pushing to those limits have we been able to find what works and what doesn’t. Most importantly, we’ve been able to discern what sorts of features will enhance the experience for everyone.
Here are a few of the features that you can count on for Black Ops 3:
- Arena: Next-level League Play, offering ranked, competitive play
- Bans & Protects: Creates a meta-game around selection of content
- Specialist Draft: A pre-match selection process
- CODcaster Mode: Updated features include the new Quick Settings and player loadout widget, and return of fan favorites, X-Ray mode, Listen-In, and Full-Screen view
- Game Modes: Uplink is in, along with perennial favorites like S&D, CTF and Hardpoint make their return
The only thing better than sharing our competitive feature set with you at Gamescom will be putting it in your hands on November 6.
In the meantime, feel free to follow @Treyarch for the latest studio news.
We look forward to seeing you online.