One of the first things people say when they hear that Telltale is working on a Borderlands game is: “wait…what?”
Click here to see the full gallery
After all, how does a game series that’s known for bazillions of guns morph into something like The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us? Why make a Borderlands game that’s not a first person shooter?
Because, if you pause to take a breath between shooting everything in sight and stealing your buddies’ loot in multiplayer, you’ll know that Borderlands features some amazing characters and stories in a world that’s rich in dark humor. Handsome Jack, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Angel, Moxxi, Zer0… it’s a big list. We (Telltale) are all about compelling characters and stories, and we see an amazing opportunity to build on what Gearbox has created.
Gearbox’s world is huge. The main Borderlands games and the DLC have only scratched the surface; they’ve built a world that rivals Star Wars in its richness. That sounds like crazy hyperbole, but the details, the characters, and the history are all there. You just haven’t seen it all yet.
Pandora has a wealth of stories to offer, and Gearbox wants them told. Telltale is going to collaborate with you through the choices that you make to get some of those stories out there, and to create a brand new Borderlands experience. If you play Borderlands simply for the sake of shooting stuff, then you might not be a fan of Tales, but if you enjoy being on Pandora, hanging out with and finding out more about all of the amazing characters, and/or you’ve enjoyed what we did in The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, then this might be a game series for you.
What else can I say about this game series?
- The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise
- It’s an episodic series that’ll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass)
- Your choices matter and will help create YOUR version of the story across the season
- The series takes place after the events of Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack is gone. Or is he? You might have seen the trailer we put out a while back
- You’re going to play two different viewpoints. Rhys works for Hyperion; he’s a company man with grand ambitions that have been thrown off the rails. Fiona is a fast-talking con artist, with very few people left on Pandora she hasn’t swindled one way or another
- They both have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions
And the loot; don’t forget the loot!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments