Today marks the release of the Insurgent Pack, the first major multiplayer expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall. In addition to the new Insurgent character class, this pack adds a ton of exciting new content to the Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer experience.
Here’s a full breakdown of everything you’ll get with the Insurgent Pack:
The Insurgent is a brand new multiplayer class with two unique abilities: Steal and Hack.
- Steal ability: The Insurgent starts out with only a pistol, but his ‘Steal’ ability allows him to swipe weapons and abilities from downed enemies. The use of stolen abilities is limited, but the Insurgent can continue to use stolen weapons throughout the game – even if he falls in combat. Stolen abilities are l
- Hack ability: By using the ‘Hack’ ability, the Insurgent can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, swiftly turning the tide of battle.
3 New Abilities
The Assault, Support and Scout classes receive additional abilities, which have been balanced against the existing counters and abilities:
- E-Pulse Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Assault class that sends out an E-Pulse, making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area.
- Tactical Echo Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Support class that sends out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location, making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units.
- Guard Drone: A stationary buddy drone for the Scout class – deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
3 New Weapons
These classic Killzone weapons are added for the Scout, Assault and Support classes. When dropped, other players can use them as well.
- M82: The legendary ISA assault rifle makes a triumphant return for the Support!
- StA-14: A sturdy Helghast battle rifle for the long-range combat arsenal of the Scout.
- LS12 SMG Pistol: Also known as the M66, this sidearm for the Assault packs considerable punch.
2 New Game Modes
- Campaign Elite Mode: The nightmarish difficulty of the Elite Mode will test even the hardest of warriors. Can you beat Killzone Shadow Fall’s single player campaign on the hardest difficulty level with only three lives?
- Multiplayer Collectibles Mode: Insurgent Pack owners can hunt for online collectible crates during matches to earn points and win in-game rewards!
New Trophies and Challenges
New content means a new set of Trophies and Challenges to unlock. Here is the full Trophy list for the Insurgent Pack:
|Bronze||Hacktivist||Reach the maximum level for the Hacking Ability.|
|Bronze||Kleptomania||Reach the maximum level for the Stealing Ability.|
|Bronze||All Flavors||Make a kill with all primary weapons as an Insurgent.|
|Bronze||Finders Keepers||Collect 25 Online Collectibles.|
|Bronze||Remember Me?||Make 25 kills with each one of the Retro weapons.|
|Silver||New Toys!||Reach the maximum level for the E-Pulse Emitter, Tactical Echo Emitter, and Guard Drone.|
|Gold||Like A Boss||Finish the game in Elite mode.|
Expansion trophies will not be required for Platinum.
Insurgent Personalization Pack
To top it off, the Insurgent Pack comes with personalization content, including:
- 3 Spotlight Moves: Humiliate your enemies with the Head Kick, the Finger Breaker and the C4.
- 1 Voice Pack: New multiplayer battle chatter voices for both Helghast and VSA factions, designed to match the Insurgent character’s devious personality and style of play.
- 1 OWL Skin: Inspired by the stealth bomber paint scheme, this will give your combat automata a sleek and stealthy appearance.
The Insurgent Pack will be available later today on PlayStation Store for $9,99. You can also get it for free with the Season Pass, which gives you the best value for all essential Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer DLC!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments