Hello PlayStation fans. Starting today, our latest DLC pack — Sons of Trigon — will go live! For this eighth DLC, we’ve packed in brand new Celestial Powers, new solo and group adventures, and an amazing looking new open zone: the Gotham Wastelands.
Sons of Trigon picks up where the “Sins of the Father” storyline from the core game left off, with the demon lord Trigon ready to break free of his bonds, intent on destroying Earth. The influence of this powerful villain has already been felt across the world of DC Universe Online, and it will be up to you to either stop it or use it to your advantage.
Circe and Brother Blood were successful in releasing Trigon from his dimension, but the Sentinels of Magic were ready. They performed a counter-hex, placing a protective barrier around our realm. The barrier trapped Trigon between his world and ours, resulting in the creation of an in-between dimension — the Gotham Wastelands — a version of Gotham City that is rapidly approaching Hell. Players will see familiar Gotham landmarks, such as the Cathedral and Knightsdome, twisted, broken and corrupted by Trigon’s presence in this realm.
With Trigon at his most vulnerable, Trigon’s sons have come forth to vie for his power. The six sons represent six of the seven deadly sins: Wrath (Jared), Envy (Jesse), Lust (Jacob), Sloth (Jack), Gluttony (Julius), and Greed (James). Trigon’s sons seek the family reunion from Hell — to be joined with the seventh sin, Pride (Raven), and their father. But like any family reunion, it’s rife with sibling rivalry.
The sons vie for their father’s affection, all desiring that which Raven refused: to be his vessel and gain ultimate power. To strengthen the power of sin, the sons have sent demons to the mortal plane to abduct innocent souls. These souls are dragged through portals to the Gotham Wastelands, where they are tortured in order to fill the coffers of the sin demons. Once enough sin has been gathered, Trigon can be awoken from his forced slumber.
Meanwhile, Wonder Woman and the Titans are trying desperately to keep Raven from temptation, and to keep the children of sin from releasing their father, and endangering the entire universe. Circe and Brother Blood have their own desires to release Trigon, and will not let the sons interfere.
Small Group Content
Unlike our last DLC, Origin Crisis, Sons of Trigon will focus on small group content. By that, I mean that it will focus on Solo and Duo content rather than the Raids and longer Operations that were the soul of Origin Crisis. Sons of Trigon will also feature a fantastic four-player Alert — complete with our first “big boss” — Trigon himself.
Going forward, we intend to switch back and forth between large and small group content in each DLC. I know there are players that prefer one type to the other, and we don’t want them to wait too long for their favorite.
With Sons of Trigon, players get a new power, Celestial, which will grant the player the Healer Role at level 10. Celestial Powers are divine and demonic, light and dark, holy and unholy. The key to effective play is to achieve equilibrium through spiritual balance combos, simply called Celestial Combos. These leverage the same type of combos that are used in our weapons. Celestial Combo abilities are more powerful than default powers, and can be combined to devastating effect. Celestial is ideal for anyone that always wanted a more active healer — a battle healer, destined for the thick of combat.
Sons of Trigon Overview
- Solo Content
- Solo Daily Missions in the Gotham Wastelands (with separate base camps for Heroes and Villains).
- Group Content
- Three Duos: ruined Cathedral (featuring Wrath), Knightsdome Arena (featuring Envy), Tunnel of Lust (featuring Lust).
- Alert: Trigon’s Prison
- Weekly Bounties: take on the shattered soul projections of Raven in the Gotham Wastelands, found raving somewhere near the central Mausoleum. Villains will be sent to defeat her Good projection, while Heroes will be sent to defeat her Evil projection. Both versions of Raven will be a group boss (Suggested: four or more players).
- New Powertype
- Celestial: Healer/Damage
- New Gear
- Two Iconic Suits: for Heroes, the Prideful set (inspired by Raven). And for Villains, the Blood-Cursed set (inspired by Brother Blood).
- Two Suits inspired by the new Celestial Powertype: Corrupted and Exalted, available to both Heroes and Villains.
- Collection Reward Items: eight total (One inspired by Nightwing, and seven inspired by DLC8 NPCs).
- Demonic Weapon Set: all 11 weapon types (available as loot from the Trigon’s Prison Alert).
- New Player Base Items: 34 new base items
- New Legends
- Donna Troy
There’s much more to see in Sons of Trigon, so be sure to check it out when it goes live today! See you in game!
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments