The first expansion to Mass Effect 3’s critically acclaimed multiplayer experience is almost here! The Resurgence Pack is coming to PSN on April 10th and with it, a host of new weapons, characters, maps and more. If you haven’t had a chance yet, check out all the action in our latest trailer.
With over 75 perfect review scores, Mass Effect 3 has been heralded as “The first true blockbuster game of the year,” by USA Today. This week the Resurgence Pack will dial up the action, and the best part? You can download it for no additional cost!
This new multiplayer pack will include two new maps, available immediately for play after downloading the pack: Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra. Condor is a Turian warzone outpost and a crucial asset in the defense of their homeworld, Palaven. The cool thing about Condor is you can actually see the galactic war happen all around you. Ships are taking off, Reapers are looming in the background, and in the distance Palaven is burning. Hydra is located on an abandoned Quarian colony that has since been converted to an enormous power station. Protecting both of these firebases is absolutely critical in the defense against the Reaper attack.
Perhaps the most exciting part of the pack is the new multiplayer characters. Each class will receive a new character that can be unlocked through the Reinforcement Pack system. With the Resurgence Pack we are also introducing two new races for players to choose: The Batarian and Geth. Have you ever wanted to swing your assault rifle like a baseball bat and club enemies? Then you will probably like the Batarians. Or maybe you want to take the subtle approach. Engage Hunter Mode, spot enemies through walls, and then cloak to flank them. Then the Geth Infiltrator is for you. In total there are 6 new characters for MP:
- Asari Justicar Adept – By the code, you will annihilate your enemy. Use the new Biotic Sphere ability to protect your allies and unleash deadly biotic powers to rip the opposition apart.
- Batarian Soldier – Get up close and personal with the Ballistic Blades and Blade Armor abilities. The Batarian Soldier is an expert at being on the front lines and pummeling the enemy into submission.
- Geth Infiltrator – Ever cursed the Geth Hunter’s name? Well now you get to be one. Cloak, sneak up on enemies and scan them through walls with Hunter Mode. Or hang back and rain sniper fire from distance.
- Batarian Sentinel – Trap enemies with the Submission Net then unleash on them when they are unprotected. As with other Sentinels the Batarian can use tech and biotic abilities, ensuring he is prepared for any situation
- Geth Engineer – Drop a Geth Turret and keep the pressure on your foe, all the while resurging your team’s shields. The Geth Engineer is a great support and utility character, key to any squad’s success.
- Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard – FOR TUCHANKA! You might find yourself yelling your best Krogan battlecry when you use the Biotic Charge ability. To help protect yourself in the heat of battle, activate the Biotic Barrier ability and become the ultimate Battlemaster.
What would a multiplayer expansion be without some awesome new guns to wield? Similar to the new characters, these weapons are unlocked via reinforcement packs. They are great compliments to the new characters.
- Striker Assault Rifle – Developed by Krogans, this rifle fires deadly explosive rounds. Its rate of fire increases the longer the trigger is held. Great for suppressing fire and crowd control.
- Kishock Harpoon Gun – Deadly one-shot Batarian weapon. Launch lethal harpoons at your enemies and cause bleed damage over time.
- Geth Plasma SMG – Fully-automatic Geth submachine gun. Similar to the Striker Assault Rifle, this Geth SMG’s rate of fire ramps up the longer it’s fired. Make sure to equip an SMG Magazine Upgrade to unleash an unstoppable barrage of plasma.
The Resurgence Pack will also introduce new consumables as well, including the Strength Enhancer, Targeting VI, Shield Power Cell, and Stabilization Module.
So there you have it, that’s the Reinforcement Pack, it comes out April 10th and is available at no additional cost. Make sure you login and download it from PSN and take the war for Earth online with your friends.
In the meantime, make sure you follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get all the latest updates on Mass Effect 3. If you haven’t had a chance yet, check the Resurgence Pack trailer on our website.
See you on the battlefield,
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments